cpc course

Does your cpc count towards the working time directive some say it does some say it doesn’t.

this has been done to death on here!!! it is down to how you,

1:are being paid to attend and under the instruction of you company- then has to be booked as other work

2:doing it yourself or can not attend if you choose to- then can be booked as rest

it doesn’t matter who paid for the course, it only matters that you are being paid your time to attend.

hope this helps :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

YES . You have no choice but to attend so its work . It doesn’t matter if your getting paid or not doing it voluntary or other wise. and as you need to have it to use your licence for reward PAY it cant be voluntary can it…

wait for the bashing that some will say otherwise and others that say who’s to know.

Well look it another way work sun to thur then do fri sat on your MUST ATTEND DCPC or even CPC it aint rest .

Do not know how other agencies in other countries view this but VOSA have made it clear how they interpret this and that is given in the first reply to the OP

Personally I think its wrong but that’s how the law is so that’s that

ROG:
Do not know how other agencies in other countries view this but VOSA have made it clear how they interpret this and that is given in the first reply to the OP

so you can do 22days then without a proper rest ffs crazy :unamused:

nick2008:

ROG:

You can also do this legally …
Drive a LGV C for 6 days then do a 7 day C+E driving course and test paid for by self then drive again for another 6 days

Can also drive an artic under UK domestic regs for 10 hours a day every day of the year

ROG:

nick2008:

ROG:

You can also do this legally …
Drive a LGV C for 6 days then do a 7 day C+E driving course and test paid for by self then drive again for another 6 days

Can also drive an artic under UK domestic regs for 10 hours a day every day of the year

I know Rog that’s the stupidity of it

ROG:

am i understanding this correctly that i can use a rest day instead of a working day for the DCPC? Self employed so no bugger pays me unless i am on duty

scanny77:
am i understanding this correctly that i can use a rest day instead of a working day for the DCPC?

YUP - unless you pay yourself for doing the course … hmmm … Being TOLD you must go on the course means its other work so who TELLS you to go on it … oh yes, yourself … so how does that work ! = grey area

You could say to yourself that its up to yourself if you go on it or not but I suggest having that conversation with yourself out loud might cause a few turned heads !!

Sometimes that is the only way to have a sensible conversation :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Why is everybody so surprised that there is no logic, correlation, or sense when DCPC and WTD are attempted to work in together.
The simple reason for this is because BOTH of these complete load of bureaucratical ■■■■■■■■ are NOT REAL :bulb: :bulb:

They are both there to make things APPEAR as if things are being done right. One is there as a revenue raiser that can be achieved by repeating the same syllabus x 5 sessions to qualify you as a “Professionally Competent Driver” … yeh right! :unamused:
The other is based on a cop out known as “POA” to enable you to work 70+ hours instead of the perceived 48 that it was devised for in the first place. Sorry if this is a big revelation to some, but that is real life minus the official B/S :bulb:

So I could choose if and when I can do it and didn’t get paid for doing it therefore it must be rest thanks lads it was just the trainer said it would count as other work found it hard to believe as we weren’t gettin paid that puts an end to that.