cpc course

can anyone recommend a cpc course that come’s either on DVD or CD. Its just i like most others do long hours and by the time I come to study I’m nearly a sleep.

I would like to be able to play it in the cab whilst driving if thats possible

many thanks

Tbh, I dont think playing, driving and learning are a good combo as the level of concentration needed is high. Yes I agree that home study is a good idea having done the national myself using a manual. if you have too many distractions around you, and you dont focus on the study then IMO your going to waste your time and money, such is the level of commitment req`d. A previous posting (by I believe Lucy) on another thread highlighted this issue, where it got to such a point she clean out the cab of any other kind of written material leaving only the CPC manual to read.

Ive stated before, that the level of concentration needed is so bad, that after the exams youll probably need to take a week off work to recouperate

peirre:
Tbh, I don`t think playing, driving and learning are a good combo as the level of concentration needed is high. Yes I agree that home study is a good idea having done the national myself using a manual.

I agree with you peirre, but with the caveat that homestudy doesn’t suit everybody.

I’d remind anybody thinking of doing CPC, by whatever method, that it’s a level 3 qualification.
That means that it’s the same degree of difficulty as an “A” level, so IMHO the first question that any prospective candidate needs to ask themselves is: Am I a level 3 candidate?
In their own interests, I’d suggest that every candidate asks themselves that question before parting with any of their cash. :wink:
Many training providers offer a “taster day,” so why not take advantage of that just to see what it’s like??
Anybody who has done an “A” level (a “higher” in Scotland) will remember the level of commitment needed and how difficult it is to achieve good grades. CPC isn’t based on coursework, but is normally done as an intensive classroom course. There’s also the option of doing CPC as a kind of “day release” over a period of several weeks. Then, of course, there’s homestudy.

If a candidate insists on homestudy, here’s one provider, amongst others, that provides a homestudy manual and CDs:
Friendberry Ltd 01984 656310, or you can look at THEIR WEBSITE

the level of commitment required for the CPC is enough to make you go into mental meltdown

peirre:
the level of commitment required for the CPC is enough to make you go into mental meltdown

Agreed again peirre, it’s not something to be entered into on a whim. It’s also not cheap. :slight_smile:

Then again some people are far too stupid for their own good, and end up putting themselves through the mill for the 2nd time by doing the international CPC 6 months after doing the national

hang on …that must be Me :wink:

peirre:
Then again some people are far too stupid for their own good, and end up putting themselves through the mill for the 2nd time by doing the international CPC 6 months after doing the national

hang on …that must be Me :wink:

That would be me too!!!
I did my Int. on the next 3 month rotation.
:laughing: I think it’s a form of masochism. :blush:

Hi All, can anyone recommend a good value self study provider, already looked at the friendberry site. Just wondering what others are out there. I have read an old thread about a learndirect course for £50, but can not find the course on learndirect.

Many thanks

£95 cheapest found to date. Look like a decent provider aswell :smiley:

I used Friendberry and found it excellent. I also went on a nightschool course for the freight national, but I have to say that had it not been for the friendberry material, I wouldn’t have passed (which is what happened to the majority of the guys on the course).

I must be really thick, I went thro’ Friendberry & did the national & international at the same time. :blush: :blush:

Actually I did all the modules freight and passenger, national and international all at one sitting, although i did actually do the core module the exam before as that was waht the nightschool course did.

I have to say that I was surprised and pleased to pass the international modules, as I can’t remeber a thing about them now without looking up.