CPC case study test - Any Help / Advice?

Hello!

im new to the forums and looking for help / advice on what to expect and how to prepeare for the cpc case study test? Ive read the driver cpc guide and dsa guide handbook but seems alot to take in, so any specific areas to concentrate on?

i passed the other theory tests with no problem, 100 on questions and 85 on hazard, but just bit worried about the next part.

any help / advice will be much appreciated :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to the forums

From my experience of the case study test I found 80 % of it common sense. It’s multiple choice so the answer is in front of you. Just tick the right box

For my test I had some questions on driving hours, lgv speed limits which I was glad I had read up on.

I know this sounds a bit vague…Sorry !!

Good Luck with the test

A read of this may help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=60945

Going from your theory marks you wont have a problem. The questions are embrassingly simple.

if you got 100 on your theory you’ll p1ss it. just read a nit more on the different types of operator licenses. thry came up on mine .

this wont help you buti didnt revise and just went for it and pessed with 92% god only knows how lol i was as nervous as hell lol now i got to wait to do my mod 4 not just yet soon be fit enough l

pased 49 /50

test seemed pointless really, nothing that i revised came up and all the answers were pretty much in the text, but anway i spose its another good money maker for the government!!

time to find a trainer now for cat c!

Well done on getting a good result. I agree the whole CPC test as it stands is a farce and just another cash cow for the government.

As for finding a training provider…

Stay clear of the middlemen. The ones that claim nationwide coverage.

Go and visit local firms. Look through the post on the link below which will give you some of the schools recommended by trainees who have had a good experience.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

Also take a look through Yellow Pages / Yell.com. As advertising with them is so expensive… it is not necessarily an exhaustive list. But it will give you an idea of the local training providers in your area.

Good luck with the training and let us know how you get on

Dean

dar1976:
I agree the whole CPC test as it stands is a farce and just another cash cow for the government.

The initial dcpc module 2 is a bit of a waste of time but I think you will find the practical module 4 much more useful

IMO module 2 should be replaced with a test on the regulations and tachographs

What you might like to consider is doing a 7 hour periodic dcpc course on driver regulations and tachographs after passing initial dcpc modules 3 & 4 but there is no test to accertain if you have assimilated the info correctly so if you are unsure in any way then ASK the trainer

It seems as though the best trainers for periodic dcpc are those that work for LGV training schools as I have never seen any complaints about them in the many forums I am a member of

Sorry to go off topic and bring up stuff to which you may need to consider after passing all the initial modules

Point taken. Mod 2 is waste of time. Mod 4 is a far more realistic test of ability.

Dean