Cpc case study and drivers hours

Hi all, I am currently swatting up for my theory exams before I take my lessons. Whilst 90% of the theory test can be answered with common sense and just learning the remainder parrot fashion I am struggling to apply this technique to the drivers cpc. Some of the answers and explanations seem to have nothing to do with what the actual question was. Is there a decent book out there that actually explains this stuff■■?

I am also struggling to get my head around drivers hours they seem to keep swapping terms and changing the goal posts. below is an extract from the dvla guide.

How many hours can I work in one week?
You may not exceed an average of 48 hours working time (driving and other work) per week over a specific reference period. In addition you must not work for more than 60 hours in any single week.

ok so where does 48 and 60 hours come in. from my understanding I can drive 9 hours a day extended on 2 days a week to 10 and work 6 days. that is 56 hours not 48 or 60.

sorry for the stupid questions but I just don’t seem to get this
many thanks
coop

The 48 + 60 are WTD rules which are not your concern as they must be monitored by the employer(s) - your job is to give them the info such as them down loading your digicard
WTD - authorities not bothered but companies often give internal infringements for breaches

Now you can concentrate on the important EU tacho regs

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=134561

This is why we run 2 short courses: one for introduction to driver’s hours and tachos and the other is to prepare for Mod 2.

It’s not just about passing the test; it’s about understanding the subjects.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: