CPC case studies?

I know its a dumb question for me to ask but my son is about to start his training and asked me about these, had to say I hadn’t a clue as I don’t think I’ve ever done them :blush: .

So I directed him to here

HELP!!..please :confused:

I presume you are talking about Initial Driver CPC Module 2 Case studies. This is an extra test for new LGV/PCV drivers - a little bit like the theory test they all have to take. Initial DCPC is only required to be taken by those wishing to use their LGV licence professionally (MOST PEOPLE) & who passed their car test after 01/01/1997 (your son). Module 2 is taken at the DSA theory test centre and is computer-based. It can include short answer questions on texts/videos/pictures. It’s quite easy to pass. There’s some good guidance on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=ln0g-JLmDbs

There’s plenty of other clips.

Once this has been successfully completed he must take & pass Module 4 DCPC practical test - basically back to the LGV driving test centre WITH the vehicle (or similar) he took his driving test in & he’s then asked verbal questions about: safe loading, daily walkround checks, looking for stowaways etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=wK–gVI-WHI

^^^ this is a good video!!!

Once he’s passed Module 2 & 4 he will receive his first DCPC DQC (blue card) & he can now drive professionally…yippee!!!

Who would be a truck driver these days!!!

chicane:
I know its a dumb question for me to ask but my son is about to start his training and asked me about these, had to say I hadn’t a clue as I don’t think I’ve ever done them :blush: .

So I directed him to here

HELP!!..please :confused:

If he passed car test after 1996 then he will need initial dcpc modules 2 and 4 before he can drive commercially

This will help = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121468

Check out the link in my signature below for virtually all the info he will need

Thanks folks, I’m hoping he’ll log in here in a day or so, think he and his pal have got their theory and hazards booked over the next couple of week and he’s got his Mod 2 booked for later in Feb. They’ve both been driving big tractor/machine combos for years and are very sound operators, so hopefully the practical side of things will go smoothly.