CPC card [Merged]

Hi guys

Having recently passed my mod 4 last week, I was due to have my first shift via an agency tomorrow morning. However, after getting in touch to confirm a few bits I mentioned my CPC card had yet to arrive (although I have the mod 2 and 4 certificates), they said that I couldn’t drive without one and there was a £50 fixed penalty if I was caught!

However I asked the dvla examiner about it after passing and he said the certificates could be used in leiu no dramas. Just like using your cat b certificate after your licence has been sent off I suppose.

What I’d like to know is who’s right?

Personally I’m just glad I found out tonight and not at the depot at 5am tomorrow :unamused:

The agency is wrong, you can legally drive while waiting for the DQC to arrive.

edit:
The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence) Regulations 2007

Paragraph 4 of the above link.

(4) Paragraph (1) does not apply to a person who has made an application to the competent authority for a driver qualification card
under regulation 8(1) and not yet received that card.

■■■■■■■■ :unamused: as long as you’ve got your pass number on certificate it’s ok ,if DVSA staff member said it was ok then it is

Replied in the other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132278

tachograph:
The agency is wrong, you can legally drive while waiting for the DQC to arrive.

edit:
The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence) Regulations 2007

Paragraph 4 of the above link.

(4) Paragraph (1) does not apply to a person who has made an application to the competent authority for a driver qualification card
under regulation 8(1) and not yet received that card.

I figured as much, will be trying my luck elsewhere next week.

Thanks mate :smiley:

Some places have rules about No Cards, No Keys.

So basically they want to see the physical card of DCPC, Driving Licence and Digital SMART Tachograph card

ScottishChris:

So basically they want to see the physical card of DCPC, Driving Licence and Digital SMART Tachograph card

But surely company policy can’t equate to a £50 fixed penalty?

clarky3013:

ScottishChris:

But surely company policy can’t equate to a £50 fixed penalty?

I never heard of £50 fine!

tachograph:
Replied in the other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132278

I’ve merged the two topics for tidiness. :smiley: