Cpc card address question

Hi there,

So I passed recently and while my card was being sent out I have moved address. I received my card as I had post redirect on in advance.

Changed my address with dvla now so what I need to know is do I change my address with dvsa or do they go by the dvla system?

My cpc card does not have an address on it so I assume it works from the license number.

Any help greatly appreciated as I have emailed dvsa but no response and dvla cannot tell me either.

Cheers

You have your card.

It does not have an address on it.

QED

There’s no address on the card so there’s nothing to bother about, if the validity of your card is checked for any reason it will be checked against your licence number.

A good question and an important point to note. If doing periodic CPC make sure your licence shows your current address before the the 5th module is uploaded. DVLA will send the card to the address on the licence.

Also if you hold an old style licence with no ID card you will not receive a CPC card as DVLA do not have a photo on record. Merely completing the 35 hours does not mean you are there. A DQC must have been issued for you to comply.

From 10th Sept it is an offence with a level 1 £50 fine to not carry the card while driving in scope

Thanks for the replies, thought it would be checked against license number but as I’m new to it all I wanted to double check. Cheers

LGVTrainer:
A good question and an important point to note. If doing periodic CPC make sure your licence shows your current address before the the 5th module is uploaded. DVLA will send the card to the address on the licence.

Also if you hold an old style licence with no ID card you will not receive a CPC card as DVLA do not have a photo on record. Merely completing the 35 hours does not mean you are there. A DQC must have been issued for you to comply.

From 10th Sept it is an offence with a level 1 £50 fine to not carry the card while driving in scope

I know of 1 that has been issued but the trainer did see his passport to prove who he was not sure how it was done could ask my trainer