CPC Candidates International - Good Luck

As per the title, I am still sitting here wondering what the hell is the differance between cabotage and third country movements, espeically when looking at the examples given in the hand out I have.

And I am really hopefull that the VAT question will be kinder than the one about the “under warranty” one - which still leaves me cold - I think the answer should be - as the load was under warranty the folks in the uk would pay vat at standard rate - but I will never know

Good luck

Easy, “Cabotage” is when you pick a load up in a country other than your own and deliver it to another place in that same country, e.g. load in Calais and deliver to Paris, a third country movement is when pick a load up in a country other than your own and deliver it to a different country which is also not your own, e.g load Calais and deliver to Barcelona.

Thank you HM - better explanation than the OCR book ! - finally sinking in why you can only do 3 cabotage’s within 7 days of tipping the outbound export load, or 1 if you go into the country empty.

cheers

It really is that simple, although on my CPC course, lots of candidates were very unsure about cabotage and third country movements.

Another example.

A Lithuanian registered truck collects a load in London and takes it to Vilnius. This is neither cabotage nor a third country movement since Vilnius is in Lithuania.

A Lithuanian registered truck collects a load in London and takes it to Exeter. This is cabotage. London and Exeter are in the same country but the truck is not from that country.

A Lithuanian registered truck collects a load in London and takes it to Warsaw. This is a third country movement as Warsaw is in Poland. There are three countries in the mix, Lithuania, the UK and Poland. Hence, “third country”.

Can you imagine being an O/D from UK going to Turkey with an oversize ADR load :question:
He would have nowhere to sleep as the bunk would be piled high with the amount of paperwork he needs to bring :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing:

Your right Harry,
“Incoterms” bloody hell :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: