CPC and no licence

There going to check to see if I have left my platic part of my licence and my digicard in the office tomorrow
But if it is not then I have lost both of them
The CPC trainers say you must bring both parts of your licence
Is there a way I can take my CPC training without my plastic licence?

Thanks

Your licence can be checked online gov.uk/view-driving-licence
I wonder if that would be accepted along with some photo id like a passport etc?

Have you done any other days with the same trainer? If so you may be able to swing it, but if not then by the rules you won’t be able to do the ‘training’.

Just as a small aside, the link in post #2 is interesting because you need your NI number as well as your licence number - I can’t remember the two being linked before, is it part of the plan to get everything on one card?

1968kg:
Your licence can be checked online gov.uk/view-driving-licence
I wonder if that would be accepted along with some photo id like a passport etc?

Ours are checked electronically throughout the year,but we still had too bring both parts of you lisense to the dcpc course,if not you were not allowed too do it .

Linking the two would allow vosa the requirement to check your details that you have another job or not.

Just spoken to a well established and respected LGV trainer and dcpc provider …

No physical licence produced = no course

JAUPT DCPC inspector would not allow the licence to be brought in the next day or later same day and copied before uploading took place

As long as you have your paper part of your licence you can use your passport instead of the plastic part of it.

dreamingofoz:
As long as you have your paper part of your licence you can use your passport instead of the plastic part of it.

From experience …no you can’t attend the training. Usually there is a strict policy on this. Some trainer’s will afford some discretion, for example if your licence is away at Swansea, but mostly they will send you home.
They are quite strict on this as a rule. The photocard shows your categories and entitlements, without it the trainer cannot establish whether you are entitled to do Periodic Training or not. i.e. if you passed LGV after 2009 but have not done Initial modules 2 & 4 and have not got a pre-1997 car licence - you cannot do Periodic DCPC training. Happens quite often during licence checks. Of course, the trainer may allow you to ‘risk it’.

dreamingofoz:

correct :sunglasses: jobsworths not knowing the rules properly. :laughing:

Daz1970:

dreamingofoz:

From experience …no you can’t attend the training. Usually there is a strict policy on this. Some trainer’s will afford some discretion, for example if your licence is away at Swansea, but mostly they will send you home.
They are quite strict on this as a rule. The photocard shows your categories and entitlements, without it the trainer cannot establish whether you are entitled to do Periodic Training or not. i.e. if you passed LGV after 2009 but have not done Initial modules 2 & 4 and have not got a pre-1997 car licence - you cannot do Periodic DCPC training. Happens quite often during licence checks. Of course, the trainer may allow you to ‘risk it’.

they know you can drive and need the card to carry on driving :grimacing: no common sense theses ’ TRAINERS ! :wink:

DVSA/JAUPT have not yet caught up with modern technology - if they had then they would allow the online check to be ok because that is more up to date than the actual licence

:frowning:

Fatboy slimslow:

dreamingofoz:

^^^^ Yes this IS correct…but only for those drivers attending DCPC who have not yet got a photocard licence & still have a paper-style driving licence…nothing to do with the paper counterpart!!! If they have an old paper licence they may still attend Periodic Training but on completion of 35 hours training the DQC will be ‘held back’ until said driver applies for a photocard driving licence. Thems the rules. Simples!!!

Daz1970:

Fatboy slimslow:

dreamingofoz:

^^^^ Yes this IS correct…but only for those drivers attending DCPC who have not yet got a photocard licence & still have a paper-style driving licence…nothing to do with the paper counterpart!!! If they have an old paper licence they may still attend Periodic Training but on completion of 35 hours training the DQC will be ‘held back’ until said driver applies for a photocard driving licence. Thems the rules. Simples!!!

Sorry. My mistake I stand corrected.

Thanks for the advice
My licence was under the photo copier so collected it today
just wanted to know rely as if it where a yay I could of put the facts to them but sadly it turned out to be a nay
But I have it now thats the main thing