CPC advise

Hi all.

I have a class 2 licence which I passed in Nov last year.

I have an old style driving licence so have grandfather rights for the first modules on CPC.

I have been told I need to now complete 35 hrs in the classroom by sept. Is this correct?

Is this basically sitting listening to info for 7 hrs at a time or is there some sort of test?

Do I need to apply for anything or can I just turn up for the training?

Any advice would be great.

It’s 35 hours which is 5 days. It’s often classroom based. No tests or exams involved. You have till 10th Sept this year to complete it. There are many providers out there of varying quality and price. Training quality ranges from dire to excellent. Prices vary between £30 and £180 per day. Dearest isn’t always best. Cheapest not always worst.

You can search on the JAUPT website by area for your nearest.

When you attend you will need to produce your old paper licence and a current UK passport. You may as well change your licence first to a photo licence. You wont get your cpc card till you have a photo licence as it takes the photo from the licence.

If you do this, you must produce both parts of your licence every time you attend a training session.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I think when the OP says Old style licence he means pre 97 as what we call old style licence would have been upgraded last year when the Cat C was passed.

Apart from this what Peter says is spot on 35 hours needed before Sept

Thanks for the good info. I have a photo licence. But got it 23 years ago so I had the 7th.

My misunderstanding. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I passed my car test in 1991. I have 7.5t on it.
I passed my C Class 2 Nov last year.

So I only need 5 days periodic training correct ?

Can you mix PCV and HGV periodic training to get the CPC card?

valks1:
I passed my car test in 1991. I have 7.5t on it.
I passed my C Class 2 Nov last year.

So I only need 5 days periodic training correct ?

Correct - before 09/09/2014

Eat My BB:
Can you mix PCV and HGV periodic training to get the CPC card?

If you have both on your licence then yes