CPC Advice

Hi All

As I passed my car test before ‘97 I understand I have the option of doing either

A- Modules 2&4
B- Periodic Training 35 hours

My question is which would be better or recommended?

I’m in 2 minds which way to go

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy1969:
Hi All

As I passed my car test before ‘97 I understand I have the option of doing either

A- Modules 2&4
B- Periodic Training 35 hours

My question is which would be better or recommended?

I’m in 2 minds which way to go

Thanks in advance

Andy

35 every time - can even get some of those hours for practical training if you get the right provider

This comes up quite regularly on the forums.

One aspect is the 35 hours is not a pass/fail exercise. It is the same as existing truck / bus drivers do, mostly just sitting in a classroom although recently online courses have been permitted too. It will require 5 days of your time, but weekend slots are available.

For the modules, I believe module 2 requires attending the same DVSA centres where theory tests are carried out. The other module is a practical demonstration which may be at a DVSA testing centre or possibly on site at a driving school. I believe a vehicle is required, so the usual approach would be to approach a school for a price, although if you have access to a vehicle and can get it to a test centre you could potentially get away with just the test fee.

You can do the CPC online at the moment around £35 a day am in the same position as you was a no braner for me.

richfr:
You can do the CPC online at the moment around £35 a day am in the same position as you was a no braner for me.

Hi mate I’ve booked an online course for week commencing 31st decided it would be the best option. I’m out of work at the moment so it’ll give me something to do for a week :smiley: