CPC 35 hours

Hi Guys, looking for some advice. Recently passed my class 2 and module2 and 4. I was under the impression I had 5 years to complete the 35 hours of training. Today I had my first interview for class 2 work. Explained to the interviewer that I haven’t done any training towards the 35 hours then he said I need to do that first before anybody will hire me. Is this true or was this guy looking to quickly wrap up the interview and get me out the door?

For whatever reason he was talking rubbish, could it be that he didn’t know you’d just passed mods 2 and 4 ?

You have five years from the date you passed module 4 to do the 35 hours periodic training, some companies like prospective employees to have done some of the training but as you’ve only recently passed mods 2 and 4 that shouldn’t apply to you with many companies.

Keep looking for work and don’t let that experience put you off.

Good luck with the job search :wink:

barrynl133:
Is this true or was this guy looking to quickly wrap up the interview and get me out the door?

He may not have understood that you had 5 years already sorted…

If you want the job, maybe phone/email him back…

Best of luck!

@tachograph Made clear to him what I had passed Showed the mod4 and practical certificate and he scanned all my cards as well.

@Evil8Beezle. I think I will drop him a wee email tomorrow just see what he says. Can’t do to much harm.

Thanks for the quick reply and advice guys.

As above.

I haven’t completed any hours and I’ve been full time class 1 for the last 3 months