CPC 35 Hours or Tests?

Hi everyone,

So I’ve had a good look through the forum without any answer i will be phoning the appropriate authorities tomorrow but wondered if anybody knew before hand…

• I passed my Cat. C license on the Isle of Man 26/02/13

• the license holds the 70GBM code, the 70 part been where yoi transfer your license to a Great british one i believe.

-The Isle of Man at my time of passing did not use or require the CPC qualification, i think it still applies (theyre not part of the uk or eu).

• Does anybody know if i have to sit the CPC tests or if i can just complete the 35 hour training?

Not sure what the answer is to this, but have you considered the benefit of doing the initial CPC (tests) over the 35 hours? Initial can be wrapped up in less than two half days, and the pass rates are very high on Module 4. Also can be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trainingmentor:
Not sure what the answer is to this, but have you considered the benefit of doing the initial CPC (tests) over the 35 hours? Initial can be wrapped up in less than two half days, and the pass rates are very high on Module 4. Also can be cheaper.

Thanks for the response, the CPC has always confused me.
If i complete these two tests the way i have read online is that it? givingme the 5 year cpc card to my Cat C license?
I assume i then can work legally on a Cat C wagon and have 5 years to complete my 35 hour training?

Correct

It will pay you to check with the DVSA but I think you will need to do the initial Driver CPC mods 2 and 4.

Presumably you’ve never held a UK or EU driving licence so I doubt that you would be eligible to do the 35 hours periodic training regardless of how long you’ve held a driving licence.

I could be wrong though :wink:

tachograph:
It will pay you to check with the DVSA but I think you will need to do the initial Driver CPC mods 2 and 4.

Presumably you’ve never held a UK or EU driving licence so I doubt that you would be eligible to do the 35 hours periodic training regardless of how long you’ve held a driving licence.

I could be wrong though :wink:

Just got off the phone to them and you are correct mate.

Glad this thread came up because it may help others in the future :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: