Cp.plus parking charge

I was on moto services Lancaster northbound for 3 hours had a meal chin wage with some other drivers just been hit with charge notice of £100 if I pay within 14 days its only £50 do you have to pay this or what I live in Scotland interested to find out is it legal and you have to pay it

yes you have to pay there is a big sign telling you 2 hours then you pay the parking charges and the law is the same in scotland as england

Speculative invoice.
Just Google that term and visit pepipoo.com thats the best place to answer your question.

the john:
yes you have to pay there is a big sign telling you 2 hours then you pay the parking charges and the law is the same in scotland as england

No you don’t

ignore ignore ignore…don’t reply whatsoever.just ignore.they don’t know who the driver is.they can only contact the owner.

None of those foreign trucks on there pay I was told by an attendant that sending a bill to Romania would be futile

Ignore.

I got one and a further 2 reminders from a company operating parking on behalf of B&Q when I was in my car.

Just kept ignoring them and have heard nowt since.

Ken.

I’ve had dozens of these and I’ve never had to pay one yet, every single appeal I’ve made had been upheld by POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals).

Current advice is not to ignore, some private parking companies (PPC) have taken Small Claims Court action to enforce these notices, and although CP Plus has yet to do this, there’s always a first time.

There are two things you need to do to get one of these cancelled.

Firstly appeal to the PPC on the grounds that “The sum claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”. Use these exact words.

The PPC will reject the appeal, but issue a POPLA reference number. Go on POPLAs website, enter the number and appeal on the grounds that “The sum claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”. Again, use these exact words, no more and no less. (The appeal costs you nothing, it will cost CP Plus £27, another good reason to play it this way :stuck_out_tongue: )

POPLA will consider the appeal 6-8 weeks later and will uphold it. POPLA have NEVER rejected a “Genuine pre-estimate of loss” based appeal.