Cowbell inverter

Hello all I’m looking at getting a 2000w inverter and I wanted to connect it up with anderson leads, but the unit already has a cowbell fitted for use with a tail-lift , I’m just after some info on how to get it wired up ? Who would I see about getting the inverter fitted with the other end to fit the already existing 1 and what prices would I be looking at to get it done, cheers

About ~£15 for the cow bell connector. You will need to check whether you need locking or not I would expect the one already on the unit to be locking though.

The cow bells are getting pretty rare I would put one at the end of the wires from your inverter for the moment and chop it off and put an anderson one on when you eventually change units to one without a cowbell.

Just get yourself a thick heavy duty set of jump leads to chop up and use the wire and it’s a DIY job. You only really want professional fitting if it’s your truck.

Own Account Driver:
About ~£15 for the cow bell connector. You will need to check whether you need locking or not I would expect the one already on the unit to be locking though.

The cow bells are getting pretty rare I would put one at the end of the wires from your inverter for the moment and chop it off and put an anderson one on when you eventually change units to one without a cowbell.

Just get yourself a thick heavy duty set of jump leads to chop up and use the wire and it’s a DIY job. You only really want professional fitting if it’s your truck.

I would need a locking 1 , I would prefer anderson type as it isn’t as big etc but it just saves a job with the cowbell already connected

Id get the std Anderson to inverter lead made up, but Id also get an Anderson to cowbell made up at the same time.
This will give you the option to adapt to both types.

peirre:
Id get the std Anderson to inverter lead made up, but Id also get an Anderson to cowbell made up at the same time.
This will give you the option to adapt to both types.

Where would I go to get this done mate ? Cheers

Smoggie89:
Where would I go to get this done mate ? Cheers

it depends on where you are?
Who the local auto electrical suppliers are, also your mechanical skills/aptitude,
If you can`t make your own the Anderson/cowbell leads are available
nationwide-trailer-parts.co. … wbell.html
parts4taillifts.com/products/details/51.html

personally if you cant talk your fitter into knocking up the cables, Id get the connectors off evilBay & knock my own up ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi … &_from=R40

Id check which Anderson plug size is the most common used on your fleet (175amp may be?? ..... theyre numbered) and get some of those, Cable is probably going to be the most expensive purchase if bought separately, a couple of 6,8.10mm ring connectors to suit your cable/inverter poles, a length of heat shrink. the cowbell is probably going to be the toughest item to source.

I actually have a tiny 50amp Anderson connector tucked away on the motorbike battery, with another pair joined in my jump leads so I don`t have to strip the bike to get to the battery should I need to jump start, I may do the same to the car

I’m no good at electrics Of any sort lol I was speaking to 1 of our drivers who has same truck and he has gone straight from the electrical box in the grille (scania r420) and he has earthed it in his cab somewhere , a few others have said to do it that way (our drivers) but i don’t know what would be the best way as to not burn the truck out lol

I’d steer clear of the trucks electric box, you could open pandora s box and let the smoke genies out. Wiring to the batteries with the leads and using a heavy duty inline fuse is probably the best/safest option.

peirre:
I’d steer clear of the trucks electric box, you could open pandora s box and let the smoke genies out. Wiring to the batteries with the leads and using a heavy duty inline fuse is probably the best/safest option.

Think I’ll go from the batteries lol

When you say it has a cowbell fitted, do you mean it has a female cowbell, ie cowbell to cowbell? If so, that’s strange. It’s usually batteries to anderson, anderson to male cowbell. If it’s a male cowbell direct from the batteries then it’s just plain dangerous imho. It could just be a case of the anderson plug being hidden, to stop thieves. If so, hunt for the plug and move it to an accessible position to swap the plug from cowbell to inverter when required

OVLOV JAY:
When you say it has a cowbell fitted, do you mean it has a female cowbell, ie cowbell to cowbell? If so, that’s strange. It’s usually batteries to anderson, anderson to male cowbell. If it’s a male cowbell direct from the batteries then it’s just plain dangerous imho. It could just be a case of the anderson plug being hidden, to stop thieves. If so, hunt for the plug and move it to an accessible position to swap the plug from cowbell to inverter when required

It’s got the wires coming from the batteries and the cowbell at the end (it’s not the locking 1 the other lol) like I’ve said I’m no good at this sort of stuff so don’t have a clue how/where to start , I haven’t even got the inverter yet because I want to know if I can get it all wired up , I thought it was simply a case of buy the thing connect to batteries and away ya go , but there is stuff like getting the right cables, even a big amp? Lol