Covid

Got the 2 negatives now , back to work , not really Ill with it , had the jabs & had a booster only a couple of weeks ago so no idea if that helped or not , flu jab sat ,
There’s 2 sides to story I guess , even though I’m meant to be high risk it wasn’t anymore than a bad headache at first to be honest , then there’s the 16 year old girl who’s died of it , but didn’t read article so maybe had other health issues , gate garroway hubby derek I doubtwill ever recover .
I’ll follow advice as stupid not too , but can understand and those who don’t
Did enjoy time off though !!

justpassing:
Time to knock the convid discussion on the head the fake virus and all your ramblings is very trying

I agree apart from the fake virus bit,.same as I believe flu, measles or whatever other virus is real.
Exaggerated, even obsessive by one or two, but nevertheless real.

But people (especially on here)have deep seated opinions which are never going to change on either sides, so if we go on another 70 pages (a la Brexit thread :unamused: ) those opinions are never going to change on either side…so an agreement to differ will save soooo much time…(not to mention boredom. :unamused: )

I think Dr Campbell has found himself a lucrative retirement hobby.

Noremac:

I think Covid provided lots of people with lucrative retirements.

From the first time I saw grainy news footage of people simply falling down dead mid step I knew that this whole thing was going to be blown all out of proportion. What I wasn’t expecting was the biggest propaganda campaign ever witnessed in history.

I can understand how normally level headed people were whipped into a frenzy by non stop rolling news trotting out endless scare stories. Those same level headed people were probably reporting neighbours to the authorities for having visitors to their houses.

The same people nailed their colours firmly to the Covid mast and cannot now back away from their manipulated stance. I understand that, I also firmly believe that Covid 19 was a thing, just the same as Covid 10/11/12/13 and every seasonal flu that we have.

Zac_A:

jakethesnake:
I have never said the research at Boston University wasn’t valuable. Read back and tell me I am wrong please.

jakethesnake:
Dr. Campbell was only making people aware of what these scientists had been doing and asking why they had been doing this as it was totally unnecessary.

There you go, you vicariously disparaging the research of BU via the words of your “hero”, despite the fact that you don’t have the ability to adequately analyse the data yourself.

Jeez, you don’t half go on. :unamused: I do have the ability thank you very much and he is not my hero but I much prefer to listen to him than you.
You don’t care what I think and I don’t care what you think so no more to say. :unamused:

Listen to some videos and all is explained quite clearly. Oh and you never did say which videos were negative but don’t bother. It’s not necessary.

the maoster:

Noremac:

I think Covid provided lots of people with lucrative retirements.

if they were reading from the correct hymnsheet of the day

Noremac:

Well, good luck to him if that’s the case. :smiley:

jakethesnake:
Listen to some videos and all is explained quite clearly.

Listen to some videos? :unamused: What? While watching the radio? :laughing: That’s what too much social media does to you, it irretrievably scrambles your metaphors.

You can crack on suckling on the digital Youtube ■■■■■■, being fed poorly pre-digested “information” and convincing yourself that it endows you with understanding; I will continue to get my science from the proper peer-reviewed periodicals as I have done for years.

Here’s one your social-media oriented capabilities should be able to handle
Prevalence of Health Misinformation on Social Media: Systematic Review
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33470931/

You’ll find many more articles on Pubmed and other similar sites detailing the value of hybrid viruses in modern research, and confirming your hero’s lack of understanding of the value of the Boston University study.

Zac_A:

jakethesnake:
Listen to some videos and all is explained quite clearly.

Listen to some videos? :unamused: What? While watching the radio? :laughing: That’s what too much social media does to you, it irretrievably scrambles your metaphors.

You can crack on suckling on the digital Youtube ■■■■■■, being fed poorly pre-digested “information” and convincing yourself that it endows you with understanding; I will continue to get my science from the proper peer-reviewed periodicals as I have done for years.

Here’s one your social-media oriented capabilities should be able to handle
Prevalence of Health Misinformation on Social Media: Systematic Review
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33470931/

You’ll find many more articles on Pubmed and other similar sites detailing the value of hybrid viruses in modern research, and confirming your hero’s lack of understanding of the value of the Boston University study.

You really don’t give up, I have seen and read all this before and talked to health professionals that I know. I could send you plenty info about the downfalls of science(some right and some wrong) but I can see it from both sides. Really. :wink:
Maybe one day you will realise that not every little thing on social media is wrong but I doubt it. :unamused:

If you are that keen why don’t you go back to it?

the maoster:
From the first time I saw grainy news footage of people simply falling down dead mid step I knew that this whole thing was going to be blown all out of proportion. What I wasn’t expecting was the biggest propaganda campaign ever witnessed in history.

I can understand how normally level headed people were whipped into a frenzy by non stop rolling news trotting out endless scare stories. Those same level headed people were probably reporting neighbours to the authorities for having visitors to their houses.

The same people nailed their colours firmly to the Covid mast and cannot now back away from their manipulated stance. I understand that, I also firmly believe that Covid 19 was a thing, just the same as Covid 10/11/12/13 and every seasonal flu that we have.

Can you remember back when they said Covid was the worst for 100 years, nothing like it since Spanish flu?*
My wife avidly followed the Diamond Princess cruise ship in February 2020 which was a perfect storm of the worst possible case for covid. Full of the target market old people, absolutely no infection control on board, final score 14 dead out of 3711 souls on board. 0.38%
Given that you have a 1.23% chance of dying in each year of an 81 yr life expectancy.
We should have known before March 2020 that nothing more than protection of the vulnerable would be required.
*And already the NHS is in a worse position than it ever was during covid.
theguardian.com/society/202 … -says-boss

stu675:
*And already the NHS is in a worse position than it ever was during covid.
theguardian.com/society/202 … -says-boss

Yes the NHS is in a bad way.

stu675:
Can you remember back when they said Covid was the worst for 100 years, nothing like it since Spanish flu?*
My wife avidly followed the Diamond Princess cruise ship in February 2020 which was a perfect storm of the worst possible case for covid. Full of the target market old people, absolutely no infection control on board, final score 14 dead out of 3711 souls on board. 0.38%
Given that you have a 1.23% chance of dying in each year of an 81 yr life expectancy.
We should have known before March 2020 that nothing more than protection of the vulnerable would be required.

Half truths, and total nonsense.

Franglais:

stu675:

Half truths, and total nonsense.

So there we have it from our very own Covid authority Franglais.
Don’t be using a bit of nous and initiative , forget any open mindedness towards official based ambiguity, don’t be looking for any potential hidden meanings, ulterior motives, and/or what ‘‘they’’ want us to believe for whatever reason…
Frangers has spoken, …'‘It’s all ‘total nonsense’’,
So only believe the official line people.
. :bulb:

Paddy Power is currently 50/1 on Franglais still.wearing his mask. :laughing:

Aside from all that,.‘they’ conveniently used Covid at GPs to change the system whereby it is almost impossible to go and see your doctor anymore without jumping through hoops on the phone.
I just got an Xray appointment sorted after 3 months, but even then I had to wait 6 weeks only for a telephone consultation with my GP to arrange the ■■■■ thing in the first place…
My Mrs has had similar problems to see the doctor also.
You ring up the recorded message tells you they are experiencing an ‘‘unprecedented work load’’ but when my Mrs eventually got her appointment there was only her and some old guy sat in the waiting room,.and I’ve heard similar stories from other people.

So you can’t get within 50 yds of a doctor for normal and mundane ailments, they don’t want to know…but…
On the other hand after me and the wife have been ignoring calls to go and get a booster for Covid, but we have both been inundated with reminders by e.mail.
Now to look for that hidden agenda and ignore what they tell us (sorry Frangers) I think I know the story on nhs appointments, they want you to go private,the same as dentistry.
But how come they have ample time to dole out injections and boosters for Covid, if they are ‘‘so busy towards unprecedented proportions’’.
Btw from what I gather many people are not going for the booster in my area, so that is not why they are busy.

Just to throw into the mix of for and against. I am actually a believer BUT I DO KNOW that this is a fact. Many Covid deaths were recorded as a covid death as the cause whereas it wasn’t actually Covid that the patient had actually died from. They had died with Covid and not actually of it. This boosted the Covid morbid tally by quite some. Like many have said, we went way over the top with restrictions and this affected the way that we used to and the way we now live. Some spoke of the “great reset” which was on the agenda. However, all of that said, we had the worst mortallity rate in the world due to us not acting and bringing in restrictions sooner like the rest of the world had done. I don’t think many reasonable and intelligent people can deny the fact that Covid really is a fatal disease for some, some react differently to being infected than others, but who would gamble with their lives how you are going to react to the virus if infected. My grandmother smoked like a trooper and died at 90 so would this be enough evidence to allow your kids to smoke? It is basically the same thing being spoke about on here. In my opinion this was much to much of an issue to not be real. Our Scientists rose above the challenge and did us proud in the light of what we were facing, I wouldn’t throw that back in their faces by spouting about a fake virus which insinuates that they actually had done nothing. Just my personal view. Yes mistakes were made, some had an agenda due to restrictions and made money and businesses out of it, but on the whole the Scientists worldwide helped us all by preventing a complete disaster.

Double post!!

Yorkshire Tramper:
Scientists worldwide helped us all by preventing a complete disaster.

Wake up! They have created a disaster because they were let loose completely unchecked*. The NHS is now in a worse position than at anytime during covid! (The country also IMO). There will be multiple times more excess deaths coming now due to the closure of the health (& other) services.** We didn’t lockdown hard or fast enough■■? Sweden fared absolutely fine without most of the restrictions we faced.

*I might not blame the scientists, they can only present one side of the cost/benefit analysis, while lining their own nests.
**This just will not be reported as much because there’s no money to be made.

stu675:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Wake up! They have created a disaster because they were let loose completely unchecked*. The NHS is now in a worse position than at anytime during covid! (The country also IMO). There will be multiple times more excess deaths coming now due to the closure of the health (& other) services.** We didn’t lockdown hard or fast enough■■? Sweden fared absolutely fine without most of the restrictions we faced.

*I might not blame the scientists, they can only present one side of the cost/benefit analysis, while lining their own nests.

Scientists did not introduce lockdowns nor enact laws about movements etc.

Who made more money scientists and medics?
OR
Mates of the Gov suddenly starting up companies to sell plastic bin liners labelled as PPE?

Sweden?
ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths
Better mortality rates that the UK, but worse than Germany or France.
And a country with far less density of population overall, than the UK and far smaller cities.

NHS waiting lists from the last 70 years:
nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resour … -the-years
Covid has had an effect, but wait lists were getting far worse even before 2019.

Yorkshire Tramper:
Just to throw into the mix of for and against. I am actually a believer BUT I DO KNOW that this is a fact. Many Covid deaths were recorded as a covid death as the cause whereas it wasn’t actually Covid that the patient had actually died from. They had died with Covid and not actually of it. This boosted the Covid morbid tally by quite some. Like many have said, we went way over the top with restrictions and this affected the way that we used to and the way we now live. Some spoke of the “great reset” which was on the agenda. However, all of that said, we had the worst mortallity rate in the world due to us not acting and bringing in restrictions sooner like the rest of the world had done. I don’t think many reasonable and intelligent people can deny the fact that Covid really is a fatal disease for some, some react differently to being infected than others, but who would gamble with their lives how you are going to react to the virus if infected. My grandmother smoked like a trooper and died at 90 so would this be enough evidence to allow your kids to smoke? It is basically the same thing being spoke about on here. In my opinion this was much to much of an issue to not be real. Our Scientists rose above the challenge and did us proud in the light of what we were facing, I wouldn’t throw that back in their faces by spouting about a fake virus which insinuates that they actually had done nothing. Just my personal view. Yes mistakes were made, some had an agenda due to restrictions and made money and businesses out of it, but on the whole the Scientists worldwide helped us all by preventing a complete disaster.

ONS reply to freedom of information request:
ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transpar … ingcovid19

All there but an extract says:
“When we say that a death ‘involved’ COVID-19, we mean that COVID-19 was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate, possibly along with other health conditions, not necessarily as the underlying cause of death. When we say that a death was ‘due to’ COVID-19, we mean that COVID-19 was the underlying cause of death, because it was either the only health condition mentioned on the death certificate, or it was the one that started the train of events leading to death.”

stu675:

Yorkshire Tramper:

Not being argumentative over your opinion, your as entitled to it as ayone is, but just out of interest this is worth a read.
theconversation.com/did-swedens … own-188338