Courtesy vans

Dropped the lorry into the main dealers tonight,in for an inspection and was given a courtesy van to take home . .one of these new fangled “vito” thingies.Gets in and the my priority after turning the ignition on is tuning the radio to 2.Thought it was a touchscreen ,so after a couple of mins gave up an left it on Heart fm.
Started up realeased handbrake(little plastic thingy to the right of steering column) and away we go.
Managed to make it home and park on the drive,pulled the handbrake thingy a couple of times but it kept rolling back.“Thought ■■■■ this,i"ll just leave it in gear” ,when i noticed a strange little foot pedal to the left of the clutch :bulb:
To make a short story long ,i fathomed it out for meself and there was no need to get on this interweb thingy for advice . . ps -how do you change radio channels :blush:

Some modern motors lock themselves if you leave the keys in.That can be a major ball ache.

Foot operated hand released parking brake then, standard on all real Mercedes cars, those that drive the rear wheels, (horrid FWD models are not real MB’s) but i always assumed the vans would have a normal handbrake lever.

You learn summat every day here.

Haven’t got the foggiest idea how you change stations, no preset buttons?

Lucky you. Our local Volvo dealer treat us like zb, neigh chance of ever getting a van to run about in, please let us know what make of truck/dealership you used…

Pimpdaddy:
Lucky you. Our local Volvo dealer treat us like zb, neigh chance of ever getting a van to run about in, please let us know what make of truck/dealership you used…

Vito van :bulb:

Suedehead:

Pimpdaddy:

Volvo use Fiesta cars as courtesy vehicles :wink:

I’m surprised no one has offered the age old advice, when it comes to a courtesy car/van, drive it like you stole it :smiley: :laughing:

Did someone mention vans? :laughing:

I took mine into Orwell trucks yesterday, got given a Smart car as a courtesy! I’m 6’3 tall - I tried asking for a second one to strap onto the other foot, but they only had one available.

To be fair, it was quite a nippy little thing, just felt as though I was scraping my arse along the floor.

DAF95XF:

Suedehead:

Pimpdaddy:

Ford owns volvo, thats why.

rambo19:

DAF95XF:

Suedehead:

Pimpdaddy:

Never knew that, still odd not to use a Volvo car though…

Hartshornes at Alfreton used to provide a Ford Ka - wish I’d had a camera the night I sent 4x ‘average’ build drivers in it from our yard to collect 3x units!

rambo19:

DAF95XF:

Suedehead:

Pimpdaddy:

Only the car section, not the commercials or plant. We get Ka’s and Fiesta’s from our Scania dealer they are all leased.

If Ford owned Volvo trucks do you think they’d have just changed their truck fleet to MAN?

We get Toyota Aygo’s, I drive them like a go kart on the way home, well fun.