courier exchange

has anyone used www.courierexchange.co.uk just wondered what its like before i join,

is it worth joining ?

are the loads original?

do you invoice through courier exchange or invoice direct?

and most of all are the loads advertised safe loads ?

any help appreciated

vinny

i was on it the loads aee subbedby other couriers so dont for a minute think that youll make good money from it here aee other sites that charge alot less if this is just in the planning stage stick with driveing as there are too many chasing too little work
you invoicd the other courier company directly usually terns are either 30 days from invoice or 30 days end of month
usually the jobs go for oeanuts too
have look on www.codforum.cuk and gtm uk as the guys there can give you bood advice

As above, the Co I worked for was a founder member of Courier Exchange and we made loads of contacts though not very much decent work.
The loads are decent and real but are very much backloads and priced as such. ie cheap as chips and expect payment 30 days from end of month if that soon!
You deal direct with the courier/company giving out the work. If there are any problems then Courier Exchange will not get involved unless they’re going to kick you off!
The work cannot be relied on for any sort of decent or regular income unless you get in with a Co in your area.
If your only starting then its very expensive and there are cheaper alternatives where the membership is the same anyway! ie all couriers are members of all websites!

shed5.co.uk
shed15.co.uk
gtmuk.com
codforum.co.uk

Hope this helps a bit

thanks guys thats very helpful the info you gave me
my situation for the next 3 months is off work so would help pass the days and dont mind if i not make millions :slight_smile: as long as i covered fuel food for the day and enough for a few beers i would be happy main thing it would take me out of the house for a while.

The other thing if i do the car loads do i need load insurance or how does that work and to invoice for the work does it have to be invoiced by another company do they pay cash or cheque to me and if cheque means i need to sort out my own tax

thanks guys and girls

you may not make enough to cover all that ( depends where you want to eat )

you will need git insurance also have to change your car insurance to business a lot of companies wont use a car either they like a van

you will have to pay your own tax & ni as will be classed as self employed

most wont pay cash it will either be a cheque or by bacs

but the 2 guys above have give you very good advice

that link www.cod.co.uk has to be a wrong link or am i missing something
gid insurance first company i rang for cover for 10k is 14 pounds a month which sounds okay if u using a little combo van but what cover do companys require for a load that will fit in a combo van ?

codforum.org.uk/

try that link

depends on the value of the load as they do vary quite a lot as to haw much git you will need

animal:
also have to change your car insurance to business

You may even need more than that - most normal policies specifically exclude “hire or reward” even if you have business use. Be sure to read the small print to ensure you are covered.

Paul

repton:

animal:
also have to change your car insurance to business

You may even need more than that - most normal policies specifically exclude “hire or reward” even if you have business use. Be sure to read the small print to ensure you are covered.

Paul

Will treat that with the contempt it deserves

animal:

Eh? I’m just trying to be helpful. “Business Use” on your insurance is, in most cases, not enough insurance for courier work. For example the policy we have on our car, from Direct Line, states the following:

The policy covers use by the Policyholder in connection with the business of the Policyholder.

and also states:

The policy does not cover use for hire and reward.

Which proves my point - business use and hire or reward (i.e. courier) use are NOT the same thing, and if you’re doing hire or reward work on a “normal” business policy you are quite probably driving uninsured.

Paul

repton:

animal:

Eh? I’m just trying to be helpful. “Business Use” on your insurance is, in most cases, not enough insurance for courier work. For example the policy we have on our car, from Direct Line, states the following:

The policy covers use by the Policyholder in connection with the business of the Policyholder.

and also states:

The policy does not cover use for hire and reward.

Which proves my point - business use and hire or reward (i.e. courier) use are NOT the same thing, and if you’re doing hire or reward work on a “normal” business policy you are quite probably driving uninsured.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Your statement above seems to raise an interesting little query…

Eg. If a person were to have a policy covering ‘normal’ insurance and ‘in connection with the business of the policyholder,’ then did some hire and reward work, would that be viewed as driving completely without insurance?
… or would it simply be that the person had no GIT cover?

They would have no insurance Dave. They would need GIT as well.

an example, my discovery is covered for my business use i.e. traveling to and from jobs, taking my own cattle to market ect, if I was to take my neighbours cattle to market I would not be covered under my current terms but would need a policy covering business for hire and reward, as well as GIT insurance.

dieseldave:
Eg. If a person were to have a policy covering ‘normal’ insurance and ‘in connection with the business of the policyholder,’ then did some hire and reward work, would that be viewed as driving completely without insurance?
… or would it simply be that the person had no GIT cover?

They would be completely without insurance, as Henry’s Cat has already correctly said. GIT insurance is a seperate thing altogether, although I think many insurers who aim at the courier market will offer it as a complete package with the vehicle insurance.

Paul