Coupling - problem remembering!

Morning Lads

I seem to have a problem, there is so much to remember.
I have been dropping trailers a lot recently.

Would anybody have any advice as to how to remember everything to do at all?

I dropped two on the bounce on Sunday. The boss was good about it, he came out and wound the first one up while I did the second.

Can anyone explain the proper procedure and tell me how to remember it.

Please don’t be too harsh on me, I’ve only been class 1 since 2000.

Thanks ever so much

SD

The way I do it is. Go under trailer slowly till i hear it connect. Do the tug test, then get under the trailer and visually check that the pin is locked in. Put clip in, reg plate, suzies and legs. Always do my legs last when connecting and first when disconnecting. Everyone has their own way of doing it. Ive dropped a couple over the years thats why I get under and visually check its connected.

Another way. As you reverse under trailer, stop get out and check the fifth wheel is at the right height and lined up properly.

Speedy Duck:
Morning Lads

I seem to have a problem, there is so much to remember.
I have been dropping trailers a lot recently.

Would anybody have any advice as to how to remember everything to do at all?

I dropped two on the bounce on Sunday. The boss was good about it, he came out and wound the first one up while I did the second.

Can anyone explain the proper procedure and tell me how to remember it.

Please don’t be too harsh on me, I’ve only been class 1 since 2000.

Thanks ever so much

SD

Give up driving you FOOL…

B L A C K

Brake
Legs
Airlines etc
Clip
Kingpin

When going under to couple up lower unit until plate is just fully under trailer - fully raise unit - reverse back further to click onto pin - pull forward twice in lowest gear to check is has secured then BLACK in reverse

Its a april fools you fools

nearly there:

+1 I think the clue is in only been class 1 since 2010 :smiley:

dreamingofoz:

nearly there:

+1 I think the clue is in only been class 1 since 2000 :smiley:

FTFY

yeah can be a problem remembering, im quite new to the game as well only since 89 and have only just mastered putting the correct fuel in ■■■■ i just put petrol in cos i was talking gud luck

ROG:
B L A C K

Brake
Legs
Airlines etc
Clip
Kingpin

When going under to couple up lower unit until plate is just fully under trailer - fully raise unit - reverse back further to click onto pin - pull forward twice in lowest gear to check is has secured then BLACK in reverse

I use BLANK so I don’t forget the number plate and the clip is included when checking the kingpin. Each to there own.

That’s a better April fool than mine!

Yes, I feel I reeled a few in !

jay0:

ROG:
B L A C K

Brake
Legs
Airlines etc
Clip
Kingpin

I use BLANK so I don’t forget the number plate and the clip is included when checking the kingpin. Each to there own.

I use BLACKEN electrics and number plate, :smiley:

i dropped a " few " before leaving the cab !!..im sure the next driver appreciated it !! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess after 14 years you should get used to it, but then again April fool comes but only once a year. :laughing:

nearly there:

Ha ha guys this^^^^^^