couple of questions

When a vehicle fire occurs and its a trampers truck what happens to the guys contents ? Would the firms insurance pay out or? And what is so good about a v8 bar the fh16 the other truck manufacturers top end vehicles are v8s , merc,scania,man etc are they better than a straight six ? I’m no good with mechanics lol

Smoggie89:
When a vehicle fire occurs and its a trampers truck what happens to the guys contents ?

They burn :grimacing:

And what is so good about a v8 bar the fh16 the other truck manufacturers top end vehicles are v8s , merc,scania,man etc are they better than a straight six ?

Volvo’s Peak BHP and Torque figures suggest Straight 6’s are just as good as a V8. In fact, the FH16 750 is unmatched in either category.

I looked into drivers contents a few years ago and my insurance stated they were not covered in a works vehicle and the works insurance said they were not covered on theirs = not insured by anyone !

Things may have changed in the last few years ?

ROG:
I looked into drivers contents a few years ago and my insurance stated they were not covered in a works vehicle and the works insurance said they were not covered on theirs = not insured by anyone !

Things may have changed in the last few years ?

That’s crap, the amount of stuff some people carry would be well into the thousands. The likes of luke who more or less lives in the truck full time would be left with nothing , I thought hauliers would of had a different kind of insurance aswell with insurance company’s knowing that there is trampers etc …

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106756

Our insurance covers up to £1500 of personal items per claim, subject to the normal excess, and the cab must have been locked (if it was a brake in not fire etc).

the cost of the tech most of us carry these days adds up, i’ve got mine covered on my contents insurance.

Race Trucker:
Our insurance covers up to £1500 of personal items per claim, subject to the normal excess, and the cab must have been locked (if it was a brake in not fire etc).

I’m pleased you clarified that, I’m sure the last thing I’d be doing when running away from a burning truck is trying to lock it. :laughing:

Terry T:
They burn :grimacing:

:lol::lol: