Couple of questions!

Now I have my assessment on friday for my apprenticeship and I’m just wanting to ask a couple of questions on the practice questions I have been sent just to make sure I have the right idea on things.

The first question that’s on the paper that I have to do is on mechanical reasoning there are two questions.

First question being there are three buckets of sand, one with a small wheel, one with a medium sized wheel and the largest wheel being on the third bucket. The question is which would be easiest to pull across soft sand, now would I be correct in saying the largest wheel would be the easiest to pull across the soft sand as I would have thought the smallest wheel would be a pain in the arse to pull across the sand.

I will get the diagrams on here when I get home and get the question sheet and can get them scanned onto the computer. It is just that question that I am wondering about.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I’d say you was correct because the larger wheel would spread the weight over a larger area.

■■■■ all that palaver! Empty the sand out then walk towards where you were going to take that sand. Now refill your bucket from all that soft sand surrounding you. Much easier. And yes, the bigger wheel is best! :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:
[zb] all that palaver! Empty the sand out then walk towards where you were going to take that sand. Now refill your bucket from all that soft sand surrounding you. Much easier. And yes, the bigger wheel is best! :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: That would be my way of doing it but I doubt they would be happy about me doing that :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

What they don’t know won’t hurt them :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Cheers

Jonny :laughing: