Couple of questions

Firstly
Regards strapping your load.
A lot of my loads are standard size plts approx 5ft high of packaging or catering goods
No chance of going over or coming through the curtains .
Do I still need to strap ( to keep mr vosa happy ) have strapped load down a few times but have given up as strapping down just crushed the boxes , total waste trying to strap .
Secondly
Was caught speeding 34 in a 30 all details sent to my company as they do .
My gaffer filled out all the relevant details , drivers name etc ( me ) address etc.
That was over 2 months ago still haven’t heard anything . Should I just sit tight or try to get in touch with someone .
Thanks

Happy Trucker1:
A lot of my loads are standard size plts approx 5ft high of packaging or catering goods
No chance of going over or coming through the curtains .

Ah the famous “no need to strap it it’s not going anywhere” said by countless drivers over the years with curtains bulging when they have…

Do I still need to strap ( to keep mr vosa happy ) have strapped load down a few times but have given up as strapping down just crushed the boxes , total waste trying to strap .

Use internals. If using ratchet straps use corner protectors. Cross strap across the back of the last row.

Secondly
Was caught speeding 34 in a 30 all details sent to my company as they do .
My gaffer filled out all the relevant details , drivers name etc ( me ) address etc.
That was over 2 months ago still haven’t heard anything . Should I just sit tight or try to get in touch with someone .
Thanks
[/quote]
Keep your mouth shut you won’t hear anything more

I can assure you Conor
Certain loads I carry are not going anywhere,
The internals I have are set on runners in the roof and you have to pull them down until they come out not contact with the plts .
Then you strap down until the straps are tight but in the case of my load the boxes crush . But hey ho if I need to strap I suppose I will have to strap .

XL system? If so cross on the back if a positive fit and good to go.
Not XL? Use internals if light pallets, ratchets if not.
As Conor says use corner boards if you can, but that is only good for a uniform square pallet. If the pallets start to deform, and you are happy it won`t move, stop ratcheting.

Wasting time ?

Happy Trucker1:
total waste trying to strap .

Won`t seem so bad if you do get a tug and a fine.

Happy Trucker1:
I can assure you Conor
Certain loads I carry are not going anywhere,
The internals I have are set on runners in the roof and you have to pull them down until they come out not contact with the plts .
Then you strap down until the straps are tight but in the case of my load the boxes crush . But hey ho if I need to strap I suppose I will have to strap .

You are crossing the internals over to secure them aren`t you? Or do you have very low pallets or very tall trailer?

Franglais
I drive a rigid 18t but it’s high for a rigid 14 “ 6” plts are usually about 5ft tall

Happy Trucker1:
Franglais
I drive a rigid 18t but it’s high for a rigid 14 “ 6” plts are usually about 5ft tall

I cant see how the internal straps arent touching?

Happy Trucker1:

10 internal body? 5 plts?
Cant see why the internals arent touching?
Straps are on runners in centre or on sides?
The straps on the left should go over the load and attach on the right, pulling the load inwards, and vice versa

They do touch
Just crush the boxes there strapping down .
The boxes are full of catering items so basically the boxes are like fresh air .

Happy Trucker1:
They do touch
Just crush the boxes there strapping down .
The boxes are full of catering items so basically the boxes are like fresh air .

If that light, (under 400kg per pallet) then internals just tight enough to deform carton a little is enough.
check it here
gov.uk/government/publicati … r-guidance