Couple of Questions

Hey everyone,

Just a quick of quick questions please I had my medical last week and sent off my paperwork to the DVLA special delivery, no problems there it arrived and was signed for the next day :slight_smile:

1. I checked this morning and my provisional entitlement has now been updated for Class C & D (woohoo) my question is how long does it normally take to get the license back from the DVLA
    as I obviously cant do the theory and hazard perception without it and really want to crack on with the process.

2. As I already have cat C1 and C1E I can drive up to 7.5 tonnes I may have the opportunity of some weekend work in a 7.5 tonner so can I order my tacho card via the DVLA and would I keep it right through to C+E or require a new one when I pass my test.

Cheers in advance.
Stan.

If i remember correctly it was 2-3 work days since the online system has been updated to the licence dropping on my door mat

Priest:
If i remember correctly it was 2-3 work days since the online system has been updated to the licence dropping on my door mat

Cheers Priest

Will book it for 2 weeks today that should give me plenty of time then I hope.

staningrimsby:
2. As I already have cat C1 and C1E I can drive up to 7.5 tonnes I may have the opportunity of some weekend work in a 7.5 tonner so can I order my tacho card via the DVLA and would I keep it right through to C+E or require a new one when I pass my test.

Tachocard covers everything so no need to renew until it expires

watch the weekly rests if doing 2 jobs because the time doing any job is not rest

ROG:
watch the weekly rests if doing 2 jobs because the time doing any job is not rest

That’s interesting then as I presumed that as long as my first job wasn’t recorded on a tacho card I was ok, as Monday to Friday I sit behind a desk.

staningrimsby:

ROG:

That’s interesting then as I presumed that as long as my first job wasn’t recorded on a tacho card I was ok, as Monday to Friday I sit behind a desk.

Mon to fri work is classed as other work for the EU regs so generally you can only drive under EU regs for one day every other weekend

Oh that’s not what I wanted to hear :frowning:

When you start with another company they will ask you to sign something to confirm you do not have another job, if so what hours ect.