Couple of low loader jobs (pics)

I did a couple more days on the low loader job recently and remembered to get a few pics this time as I know you all like pics! :slight_smile:

Picked up a “shovel” from Leeds airport and took it to Riffa at Pool, near Otley. Used it to load a generator which was going back to Power 4 at Killingholme, by draping a chain over the top of the shovel and picking it up like that. Worked well too.

Who’s this then, I wonder?! :laughing: :sunglasses: Glad to see it’s not being towed along on a HIAB arm this time. :laughing:

Waiting to get the generator lifted off (and below).

Into Immingham docks to pick up a brand new Moxy dumper which had arrived from Scandinavia and was going to McCormick’s in Ireland. Never driven one of these before and had a few arse-nipping moments getting it on the back as you can’t see trailer or the Moxy’s wheels to see what you’re doing. :open_mouth:

Moxy filling the mirrors and not a lot else.

Random container lifter pic.

Ooh look Lucy! Containers! Some more new box numbers for your container spotters book!

Back in the yard of the Antiques Roadshow after having just taken a 35 tonne excavator to Settle. Was embarrassed to be seen driving it with the state it had been left in, as you can see. :angry:

:frowning:

Great pics Rob

See them about my way all the time - the Foden looks and sounds great a pitty no one takes the time to keep it and the trailer clean.

Nice :smiley: Truck might be grubby but at least it’s in the real working enviroment. Better than another show truck photo, in my opinion. :astonished:

Rob says

and I don’t drive ■■■■.

But he drives a Foden hmmmm…

Good Pic’s Rob :smiley:

You could have put some decent gear on if you were going to in one of the pics :wink:

Good quality pic’s though.

CM:
You could have put some decent gear on if you were going to in one of the pics :wink:

No, I was wearing my suit and tie, as per SuperSmiley’s demands. :laughing:

Nice Pic’s

Who’s this then, I wonder?! Glad to see it’s not being towed along on a HIAB arm this time.

What you cant see is the Mini in front of it with a halfords tow rope. :laughing:

Used it to load a generator which was going back to Power 4 at Killingholme, by draping a chain over the top of the shovel and picking it up like that. Worked well too.

Disgusting breach of H&S rules. You should have had a Hiab. Mind you i expect his mini’s Clutch had gone by then :laughing:

Rob K:

Who’s this then, I wonder?! :laughing: :sunglasses: Glad to see it’s not being towed along on a HIAB arm this time. :laughing:

Hehe, same firm different truck. I drove that one you’ve pictured for them for a week last year, and it goes pretty well considering its age.

Paul

Good pics there Robk but are you going soft, you can’t have upset or offended too many people on this post. Must try harder next time. :wink:

Rob K:

CM:

No, I was wearing my suit and tie, as per SuperSmiley’s demands. :laughing:

Good pics, but was that you in them jeans?

No. Obviously.

The Biker:
Great pics Rob

See them about my way all the time - the Foden looks and sounds great a pitty no one takes the time to keep it and the trailer clean.

Yeah you’ll see them all about up there as they’re doing the pipeline job. Re the Foden, I have to disagree. It’s the biggest bag of [zb] I’ve ever had to drive and the sooner he gets shut of the old relic, the better.

The little blue Foden 3000 in the first pictures is a nice drive and has a 440 ■■■■■■■ lump in it which sounds really sweet at low to medium revs.

Have you seen the orange and black tiger striped one on the roads up there yet? Trust me, there’d be no doubt - you’ll clearly remember seeing it if you have. :laughing:

Rob K:

Into Immingham docks to pick up a brand new Moxy dumper which had arrived from Scandinavia and was going to McCormick’s in Ireland. Never driven one of these before and had a few arse-nipping moments getting it on the back as you can’t see trailer or the Moxy’s wheels to see what you’re doing. :open_mouth:

Bet you haven’t highlighted this post to you mates on the police forums, a 20 ton + machine held down with a single set of 10 ton chains positioned at right angles to the vehicle body, not wanting to teach you how to ■■■■ eggs krob but kettle pot and black spring to mind.

Rob K:

not just once then but hey if your having a lucky day what the hell.

repton:

Rob K:

Hehe, same firm different truck. I drove that one you’ve pictured for them for a week last year, and it goes pretty well considering its age.

Paul

Bet it go a lot better backwards on the end on my arm !!

What you cant see is the Mini in front of it with a halfords tow rope. :laughing:

Typical that Dennis you always have to go over the top, Halfords tow rope, what’s up with a bit of bailer band :laughing: :laughing:

jammymutt:
Rob says

and I don’t drive [zb].

But he drives a Foden hmmmm…

so do i

marlow:

Rob K:

Bet you haven’t highlighted this post to you mates on the police forums, a 20 ton + machine held down with a single set of 10 ton chains positioned at right angles to the vehicle body, not wanting to teach you how to ■■■■ eggs krob but kettle pot and black spring to mind.

Rob K:

not just once then but hey if your having a lucky day what the hell.

You’re a fine one to talk about load security and running legal aren’t you eh? This is the same bloke who pulls trucks around up and down the country on a HIAB arm and runs about with no brakes. Yeah alright Marlow, I’d do really well listening to your advice wouldn’t I! [zb] :unamused:

If you think that that Moxy is secured with just one set of chains then you’re even more stupid that I first thought. :unamused: There’s one set on the front which can be seen routed through the securing point on the front underside of the Moxy (nothing wrong with them beign at right angles as the Moxy can’t go anywhere forwards) and there are two chains (one either side) diagonally secured on the rear underside securing points. Considering the Moxy weighs about 15 tonne iirc, then 30 tonne of securing is more than adequate.

As for the loading shovel, I’ve always just used one chain across the middle and never had any problems. It was an old hand who taught me to do it like that and I’ve seen plenty others secured like that too. The general opinion seems to be that if the machine has gone rubber tyres that one chain will suffice for that kind of size stuff. Anything with tracks requires two at least as metal on metal is not a good combination.