Country Music

I’m 45 this year, I’ve been driving artics over 20 years now, most of my working life, but as a kid I remember seeing that old truck and trailer parked by the house the odd night, ready for a long distance run off somewhere and I’d have given any chance there was to be out on that truck with my good old dad for a few days or the week many years ago. I still look up to him even today,(… both him and my grandfather were drivers) He taught me a lot of things about life out on the road…

When I did get the chance to be out on the road with him there would always be one downside, and that was to have to listen to and put up up with his taste of music…Country Music !!! :confused:

Over the years he’d give me tapes and CD’s of country music to listen to and I’d always chuckle and cringe to myself hearing some of that country music and the lyrics… but today I’d the heard the words

“well the feel of the wheel delivers from a life where I don’t want to be”

then…

“rambling is the life I chose sitting here between the doors”

…and I thought that’s me !!! Am I turning into a country music fan ■■? :open_mouth:

Yes. And you need a bloody good therapist.

I would rather boil my own testicles than listen to country.

Ken.

Unfortunately it sounds like it my friend, I’m a Motown man myself and I’m only 26 thanks mum and dad! Still when I’m having a bad one I stick a bit off Motown on and jam :slight_smile:

youtu.be/GHAji8DdmGQ … pappa was a trucker

youtu.be/2Ru1M6dY0cY … the dance

youtu.be/tTbqKY1mU1c … six days on the road

youtu.be/x0gRzVPMeW0 … friends in low places

lol good old country songs lol

country western music is all the same, the dogs just died, the wife has ■■■■■■ off with my best mate, D.I.V.O.R.C.E they just reposesed my car
sad ■■■■■■■■ who listen to this crap :smiley:

:blush: lol :unamused:

I’m 3 whole years older than the o/p. I grew up with T-Rex, the Sweet & Slade, then the Ramones, Buzzcocks, then got into AC/DC, Motorhead and loads of other loud stuff. My 1st gig was Motorhead in April 1979, and if there’s anything better than whacking the Overkill or Bomber album on whilst trundling along at 56 mph and watching the countryside then I have yet to experience it!

Born Idle:
there’s anything better than whacking the Overkill or Bomber album on whilst trundling along at 56 mph

What while your on the highway to hell. :wink:

Quinny:
Yes. And you need a bloody good therapist.

I would rather boil my own testicles than listen to country.

Ken.

My sentiments entirely :laughing:

Born Idle:
I’m 3 whole years older than the o/p. I grew up with T-Rex, the Sweet & Slade, then the Ramones, Buzzcocks, then got into AC/DC, Motorhead and loads of other loud stuff. My 1st gig was Motorhead in April 1979, and if there’s anything better than whacking the Overkill or Bomber album on whilst trundling along at 56 mph and watching the countryside then I have yet to experience it!

The early 1970’s was best for music to make you deaf and they sounded better in the 1980’s watching the countryside go by at 65 mph before limiters. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=Frq_z2cuo4g

youtube.com/watch?v=jZHH7gsKbE0

youtube.com/watch?v=wHx7vaa9Fwo

As for country.These weren’t bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=CNPki1WVZdw

youtube.com/watch?v=cYPx-6fhb20

ac/dc , motorhead and the like should be compulsory for modern drivers , you don’t nod off while they are playing , and it should be played full bore over the pa in all rdc s , it might wake the dozy sods up a bit .

There’s only two types of music boy. There’s Country and there’s Western!

green456:
country western music is all the same, the dogs just died, the wife has ■■■■■■ off with my best mate, D.I.V.O.R.C.E they just reposesed my car
sad [zb] who listen to this crap :smiley:

Just a guess but, people who’s dogs died, missus run off with their best mate & had the car reposessed?

Nowt wrong with a bit of Garth Brooks :sunglasses:

Waylon Jennings - The Wild Ones Try this on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … PoEwLymWJA

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … boSBga2A94

Steve Earle
youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … vaEJzoaYZk

OllieNotts:

His best song was ‘That summer’ about a teenager pumping some cougar out in the sticks!

Country music is o.k if you want to sit crying in your beer !!! last few years really got into symphonic metal / metal. great music.
Last Nov. was in Birmingham 02,with me 2 lads, 3 ft from the stage watching and listening to the 3rd group (nightwish) blasting that out.
p.s. 58 yrs old, not a hair on me head,but can still headbang !! Fantastic night :smiling_imp: :smiley: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … rK6A#t=43s

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … dw7vI#t=5s

youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … WREo#t=27s
just watched the video, the only female really in the group is /was the singer !!

I went to a Country and Western club once and had a really great time,I thought that the acts were fantastic.It took me about half an hour to realise that I was the only one laughing.

I’ve always liked listening to John Denver…

There Is a difference between Country music & Trucking music…

Trucking Music makes me cringe… Can’t stand that ’ 18 wheels on my wagon’ ■■■■…

busteredwards:

OllieNotts:

His best song was ‘That summer’ about a teenager pumping some cougar out in the sticks!

The whole song reduced to about a dozen words :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: