Councils fine motorist record sums

London & Cardiff are coining it in with record fines for traffic violations, Be careful out there as these measures are being rolled out to every council authority in the country soon.

“Local authorities in London and Cardiff have raised £58.2 million from drivers committing moving traffic offences in just one year, with the same powers due to be rolled out to other councils.”
fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … ecord-sums

lancpudn:
London & Cardiff are coining it in with record fines for traffic violations, Be careful out there as these measures are being rolled out to every council authority in the country soon.

“Local authorities in London and Cardiff have raised £58.2 million from drivers committing moving traffic offences in just one year, with the same powers due to be rolled out to other councils.”
fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … ecord-sums

One of those “contrary” surveys apparent there.
Most motorists agree that fines should be imposed for breaking No Entry etc.
Most motorists don’t want councils given the power to do such…
Because they actually DO, what is intended?!
Such are we ordinary contrary people.

Not a council fine but it was still successfully fought.
Just off the Leeds ring road dropping down to the A64m there’s a traffic light camera. Traffic light on red I came to a stop. Traffic light changed to green and I pulled away. Just as my trailer was halfway through the lights they changed back to red. PAP PAP, camera caught me. 2 weeks later the ticket arrived at the office, they rightfully named me as the driver and a further 2 weeks later a letter arrived on my doormat. NIP was for 3 points and £100 fine. I opted for court and won as the lights gave insufficient reasonable time for a vehicle to pass without getting a FPN.

Who set the timings? Leeds City Council

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Newcastle city council are having to pay back £2.5 million to motorists due to flawed signage on a bus lane. This whole thing went on for about 4 years Tyneside

chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no … s-18781897

Bristol is another place where bus lanes must be a nice little earner. My neighbour strayed into a very short one somewhere along the Bath Road at a few minutes past six on a rainy December morning last year, and was issued with a £60 penalty for her trouble. She had never driven in Bristol before, so wasn’t familiar with the area. On reading the small print on the penalty notice, she found that the fine would reduce to £30 if paid promptly. How many people wouldn’t read that far, and just pay up? Underhand tactics by the council, wording their notice that way in my opinion. A more honest approach would be "£30 fine rising to £60 if not paid within —days ". We checked their website, lots of complaints have been raised with the council on the subject.

Double edged sword innit? On one hand we have massively underfunded local councils desperate to provide essential services going down the quick buck route by punishing the easy targets, i.e. The motorist. Then on the other hand we have local councillors feathering their own nests and giving themselves grandiose titles such as “chief officer” and paying salaries north of £250k a year, double what the British pm receives ( them figures may have been manipulated for effect . Franglais :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ). Unfortunately no happy medium seems achievable.

As an aside Doris Stokes was apparently a happy medium.

the maoster:
Double edged sword innit? On one hand we have massively underfunded local councils desperate to provide essential services going down the quick buck route by punishing the easy targets, i.e. The motorist. Then on the other hand we have local councillors feathering their own nests and giving themselves grandiose titles such as “chief officer” and paying salaries north of £250k a year, double what the British pm receives ( them figures may have been manipulated for effect . Franglais :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ). Unfortunately no happy medium seems achievable.

As an aside Doris Stokes was apparently a happy medium.

Ahh.
It is a well known fact that 99.7% of statistics used on the www are made up.
I have links available.*
Other forms of offal too!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , you never disappoint my friend :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: