Council suspending waste collection

So my local council have tonight decide to suspend all recycling collections for the foreseeable future AND for good measure have closed all public tips!!

Not only that but your still only gonna be allowed to put 3 black bags or one black bin out every other week, yet they will still take food waste every week…amid a viral spread which doesn’t seem logical considering the risk there lol.

Our lot take tin/glass/fabric/card/plastic/garden/food so it’s a huge amount that’s now gonna have to go somewhere, the supermarket bins are gonna EXPLODE, let alone the twilight tipping that’ll sure as eggs take off…

Can’t see this causing many issues at all [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I just checked and my local council has suspended garden and bulky waste collections, but recycling and landfill carry on as normal - for now.

I’m guessing that maybe the resale value for recycled goods is on it’s arse so it’s not making much money for the council, being the council the workers will probably all be on full pay if off sick so they might be short staffed so it cuts down the vehicles required.

I keep saying adverts for bin lorry drivers and loaders, although at £10 ph it’s no surprise there isn’t a big queue for the jobs

Food waste is turned into power at bio digesters so still valuable.

Just my thoughts.

Here’s the link…

To Essex Waste and Recycling.

essex.gov.uk/waste-recycling

Not ONE word about house collections being stopped.

They’ve done this because the morons decided that tipping a bit of rubbish from the back of the garage was an essential journey.

Benjie, do a little research first eh?

So im.hearing this. As having your bins emptied isn’t classed as an essentail service so it’s being stopped.
So im delivering pipes and other genereral.stuff to building sites iso thjs is classed as essential.

My mate works on the bins,and he’s told me they are concentrating on general waste…And pulling everything else in when they can.
All the council gardeners have been put on the bins to cover self isolation/sick pay.

yourhavingalarf:
Here’s the link…

To Essex Waste and Recycling.

essex.gov.uk/waste-recycling

Not ONE word about house collections being stopped.

They’ve done this because the morons decided that tipping a bit of rubbish from the back of the garage was an essential journey.

Benjie, do a little research first eh?

You may wanna have another look… [emoji38]

With the reduced population in the open our friends in the animal Kingdom will get much more ballsey, recycling waste with food remnants will spike the curiosity of a few less welcome sniffers.

Double bag it try keep it indoors, omg the humanity.

Another aspect of the perfect storm which may make govt’s deceide that the only thing worse than Covid is hiding the population indoors.

So protect the vunerable the rest back to normal, should coincide nicely with an antibody test becoming widely available so a sort of normality can be resumed.

Talking of animals I saw a unicorn on the M69 this morning but may have been wasted due to more freedom to do what the f UK we want on the roads, try to avoid crashing into someone though lads aye…

Just today’s dodgy ramblings.

rule number 1 if the binnys stop collecting.

keep a separate bag for any letters,prescriptions or anything that can indentify you or your address and use the other one for anything else.
that way when things get critical and you head to your nearest layby and sling it out theres no fear of officialdom catching up with you.

Have to concur with diesel as I once got caught trying to shoot a full sack up the neighbours back passage.

Perhaps using your daily fresh air session for some lite fly tipping could be therapeutic.

I would however stick one of your neighbours letters in the sack to see how long you get away with it.

i once flytipped a chest freezer, in a random lay by middle of nowhere . Anyhow about half an hour later i had second thoughts and decided id go get it but when i got there it had already gone

My local recycling centre has also closed. I wonder why.

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new … -capacity/

Huge thanks to both the DD’s for their top input [emoji38]

Too add, I dispose of all confidential waste in an appropriate manner, in with the body’s at the lime pit, or burnt.

Genuinely I’m fine with them doing as they’ve done, I’ve the brain power to be well on top of it so I’ll be fine…
It’s the Clowns who need no excuse to dump that I’m concerned about, especially as its now DIY season, can’t wait to see all the layby/fields full of god knows what [emoji106]

Oooh an if Anyone’s concerned, Homebase are shutting ALL stores from 6pm today, get ya paint an plaster board now, at 2mtrs though of course… !!

corij:
i once flytipped a chest freezer, in a random lay by middle of nowhere . Anyhow about half an hour later i had second thoughts and decided id go get it but when i got there it had already gone

Should have checked ebay when you got home, you’d have probably got it back then at a good price too, unless it was a beko in which case
It’s probably in a kitchen somewhere in London, full of savoury delights from around the globe at a rental price of just £6.99pw…

As that’s Where all beko products deserve to go and die.

Waste management is one of the key services and cannot be suspended. However, going to the council recycling centre is not essential and encourages people to go out and have contact with other people. All the councils in West Yorkshire have closed theirs. Some have also stopped green waste collections.
I was collecting a 30yd skip from One of the sites today and there were still plenty of people turning up( and being turned away.What part of essential journey do people not understand?
As part of a private company who run bin wagons,as well as various types of skips, we are expecting requests to supplement Council services when they eventually have driver shortages due to illness.

On the separate issue of vermin, it is a good idea to make sure that food waste is put into proper bins and the lid secured. Put a weight on it if you have to. Also make sure that you move the bin and/ or it’s contents every couple of days. Rats in particular like things to be undisturbed before they set their gnashers into things.

Magicmikew:
Waste management is one of the key services and cannot be suspended. However, going to the council recycling centre is not essential and encourages people to go out and have contact with other people. All the councils in West Yorkshire have closed theirs. Some have also stopped green waste collections.
I was collecting a 30yd skip from One of the sites today and there were still plenty of people turning up( and being turned away.What part of essential journey do people not understand?
As part of a private company who run bin wagons,as well as various types of skips, we are expecting requests to supplement Council services when they eventually have driver shortages due to illness.

On the separate issue of vermin, it is a good idea to make sure that food waste is put into proper bins and the lid secured. Put a weight on it if you have to. Also make sure that you move the bin and/ or it’s contents every couple of days. Rats in particular like things to be undisturbed before they set their gnashers into things.

Yeah slight issue for my area,
No bins, can’t get any either as everything is shut for some reason?

Mind at least I’ll be busy with the rifle, in between job applications…[emoji106]

On another note, council have gritted the roads tonight, WTF its 4c out any no ones on the ■■■■ roads [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Straight from the Coronavirus on to the 17th century Black Plague.

At least the tanker drivers will still be in a job delivering fuel to different towns while while they are set ablaze

thehighlandscot:
Straight from the Coronavirus on to the 17th century Black Plague.

At least the tanker drivers will still be in a job delivering fuel to different towns while while they are set ablaze

[emoji38]

So would you say I’d be better doing my ADR then?

Or should I keep looking at the waste industry?

I sense the cough driver shortage COULD cough become a reality again once this all blows over…