Couldn't believe my eyes!

Popped into Reading services last night on my way back to Chelmsford on the normal night run about 0100, noticed 3 Dutch trucks from a fleet who’s colours are orange & black all parked up across the derv pumps, drivers inside having a coffee, got my coffee back into the cab and off i go! About an hour later on the M25 near the A12 jct in the mirrors saw this glow approaching me, it was the 3 dutch trucks i saw at Reading, as the first one crept past me i couldnt believe my eyes as there on the dash was his laptop playing a movie or TV programme. I know it was 0215 in the morning & no traffic but how stupid is that!!! :unamused:

( c’mon no stars allowed ) jd

Governor!:
Popped into Reading services last night on my way back to Chelmsford on the normal night run about 0100, noticed 3 Dutch trucks from a fleet who’s colours are orange & black all parked up across the derv pumps, drivers inside having a coffee, got my coffee back into the cab and off i go! About an hour later on the M25 near the A12 jct in the mirrors saw this glow approaching me, it was the 3 dutch trucks i saw at Reading, as the first one crept past me i couldnt believe my eyes as there on the dash was his laptop playing a movie or TV programme. I know it was 0215 in the morning & no traffic but how stupid is that!!! :unamused:

( c’mon no stars allowed ) jd

there is no excuse for things like that :imp: , people like that, that put the rest of us to shame… it’s a good job though you did not take a pic on your phone as that would of been ever so slighty hypocritical… :unamused: :laughing: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

if you belive that this person was a
potental Hazard to road users ,why
not phone the boys in Blue up,
It(watching films-tv ) HAS INCREASED
and so much so that the germans have
COACHES OR MOBILE CARAVANS that
go round catching such idiots, Its time that the UK
police force took a look at how the germans do
enforce ,catch and also punish those who
break the law in this way,

brit pete:
if you belive that this person was a
potental Hazard to road users ,why
not phone the boys in Blue up,
It(watching films-tv ) HAS INCREASED
and so much so that the germans have
COACHES OR MOBILE CARAVANS that
go round catching such idiots, Its time that the UK
police force took a look at how the germans do
enforce ,catch and also punish those who
break the law in this way,

Say if the police were called, neenar neenar up the motorway they come…guy in said truck doing something very naughty in his cab - see’s blue lights and stops his naughtyness.

They pull him over but they have no proof of what he was doing or not doing, is it just your word againt theirs :question: :question:

Stern word to driver, further up the motorway guy goes back to his naughty doing’s in the cab…

If you report someone doing something naughty in the cab what can the cops actually do short of them seeing it for them selves, i’m being serious as i would like to know■■?

cheers

James

they should (and probably would if something naughty was to happen) compare the times of activity on his laptop with his tacho and it would show that the laptop was playing a film while he was actually driving.

all it takes is a computer boffin/nerd to have a look at the harddrive thingymabob wadgamacallit and they will get all the info they need from it.

technology now a days is making it so hard for the wrong doers in this world to get away with it. all for the good really. watching a film on your laptop while driving is just as bad as drink driving in my eyes.

Giblsa:
they should (and probably would if something naughty was to happen) compare the times of activity on his laptop with his tacho and it would show that the laptop was playing a film while he was actually driving.

all it takes is a computer boffin/nerd to have a look at the harddrive thingymabob wadgamacallit and they will get all the info they need from it.

technology now a days is making it so hard for the wrong doers in this world to get away with it. all for the good really. watching a film on your laptop while driving is just as bad as drink driving in my eyes.

they can also prove speeding in vehicles with no tachograph by getting details from your mobile phone company…one person i read a while ago was convicted of speeding on m/way because of the transmitter data!!!

Just goes to show like you said no matter what you do, you leave a trail…

Before we hang, draw and quarter the Dutchman, can we just recall the stick we gave to certain HATO’s for jumping to conclusions.

Namely, it was stated that a glow could be seen from the lap top on his dash, could this not have been Autoroute or some other such programme?

I know folk will say he shouldn’t have had this on 'cos it may distract him etc. Well fair enough, but is that really any different from looking at your real time sat nav whilst driving?

My point is we are awfully quick to judge before knowing the facts.

the maoster:
Before we hang, draw and quarter the Dutchman, can we just recall the stick we gave to certain HATO’s for jumping to conclusions.

Namely, it was stated that a glow could be seen from the lap top on his dash, could this not have been Autoroute or some other such programme?

I know folk will say he shouldn’t have had this on 'cos it may distract him etc. Well fair enough, but is that really any different from looking at your real time sat nav whilst driving?

fair comment but I never said what the person was doing in my scenario, i just said he was doing something naughty.

:confused:

Not having a dig at you personally James. I could just see which way the thread was going.

the maoster:

who was judging and which way was the thread going? it was actually stated he was watching a movie or a tv programme!

we were just discussing what can be done. not that he was watching a laptop■■?

Fairy snuff Gibsla. :blush: I just re read the original post and realised that as the Cloggie would have been in a left ■■■■■■ then his lap top would’ve been fully visible. My apologies. Now hang the bloody lunatic, bloody foreigners coming over here, taking our jobs, women and wearing silly shoes. Guess I just fancied an argument. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

the maoster:
Guess I just fancied an argument. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

I’d be carefull on here with arguments, sometimes all that is needed is a small spark and before you know it…

KABOOM…it turn’s into full scale war :exclamation: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

The answer to the problem is to do exactly
what the germans do with their culprits
who do things like watching the TV or lap top,
playing the drumsticks,cutting toenails etc etc
They have different types of vehicles fitted out to
catch people out on vidieo camera and then the
said person gets stopped and done, this is
haveing a effect of the amount of accidents that
occur on those roads where this action is carried out
down by Karlsruhe they use a mobile caravan,
and by Dresden they also use a coach,
This system but with britsh punishment(fines- etc)
WILL HELP STOP SUCH IDIOTS , as no one likes
to get caught and pay the penalty.

the maoster:
Not having a dig at you personally James. I could just see which way the thread was going.

You big spoil sport - I love a good lynching… :laughing: :laughing: