Could you do this?

Andy smg:
Think I’d produce another “LOG” just trying it… :frowning: :blush: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

First thing i thought was he did that blindside too! :smiley:

I would have the door open ready to de camp, If you listen it,s one of those clicky clicky gearboxes and the steering wheel is on the wrong side, scary :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hey fair play to the driver! - I’d probably end up loosing the trailer down the bank or soemthing lol!

Actually no, just woulnd’t attempts going up! - But if its done every day it would be second nature “Just going to spin around up there Dave, back in 2 minutes”

Be fun for someone who hasn’t seen it before “Bet you a tenner he can’t jack that round” - “you’re on” :laughing:

jimti:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-bS3h6ygP4&feature=player_embedded

“We’ve had bigger than that in here, drive’!”
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve reversed plenty of wagon and drags blindside at and beyond 90 degree turn angles but like artics even they have their limits and I reckon that if anyone tries to take his example too often sooner or later they’ll end up in front of the guvnor with some explaining to do :laughing: :laughing: By the way notice the unusual A frame design in which the drawbar consists of a relatively long straight section from the coupling eye back to the A Frame part of the drawbar also it’s a long wagon and relatively short trailer type outfit and the trailer is empty.It all might have been a bit different with a loaded longer trailer and a drawbar where the point of the A Frame meets a lot closer to the coupling like many.

elcamino:

jimti:

well done…thats amzing but theres only one driver who could have done thats and proably has and thats cofinnholic! sorry coffeholic. . seeems to have hav done every thing and seems to know every answer for every question put out there!..20 posts a day,most people dont get to ■■■■ 3 times a day but im just a driver and not him…[zb]!!

Ithought that was a bit unnecessary really!!
And by the way NO i couldnt do that,in 25 yrs HGV driving ive never had a wagon and drag …only artics.

calebs gramps:

elcamino:

jimti:

well done…thats amzing but theres only one driver who could have done thats and proably has and thats cofinnholic! sorry coffeholic. . seeems to have hav done every thing and seems to know every answer for every question put out there!..20 posts a day,most people dont get to ■■■■ 3 times a day but im just a driver and not him…[zb]!!

Ithought that was a bit unnecessary really!!
And by the way NO i couldnt do that,in 25 yrs HGV driving ive never had a wagon and drag …only artics.

Here’s a first lesson then in how to do it without breaking anything :laughing: with a typical type of drawbar not that wierd Straight bar thing in the video. :unamused: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=POrreP6S … re=related

:smiley: :smiley: thanks for the lesson carryfast,i bet you could do that with your eyes shut if you used to drive for carryfast mate.
back in '86 when i got my class one ,i had a carrfast driver took me out on a lesson for one of my days cos he done some teaching in his holidays and he used to drive a draw bar and he taught me a lot about driving artics as opposed to learning to pass a test.
Plus he kept us out till 6pm instead of getting us back by 3.30 pm,great bloke he was
AHHHHH the old days!!!

nice driving, anyone thinking off de camping if they [zb] it up are in for more shock when your looking down the cliff face from the drivers door. :laughing: :laughing: Dont ddo drawbar outfits dont like em.

jimti:

He got stuck there and thats how he missed the ferry :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I couldn’t do that. I’ve only got experience with semi’s, but I guess, like most things, it’s easy once you know how…

Respect to the driver though!

and I bet when he left there he went to a sawmill only to be told “don’t reverse until you get a guide” H&S say so

If you know your truck you can do it, but you can also bend the A frame drawbar and that is a big no no in the Fatherland

This is equally impressive
youtube.com/watch?v=jRYN2-sfos0

Wheel Nut:
If you know your truck you can do it, but you can also bend the A frame drawbar and that is a big no no in the Fatherland

Or to put it another way if you’re lucky and if the bar and trailer are the right lenghth you’ll probably get away with it but with the average type of Euro trailer and A Frame you can also do a lot of damage and that’s a big no no in old blighty especially if your Brit guvnor’s guvnor is in ze Fazerland not here in blighty. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=obRDYT2U … re=related

nickyboy:

If he’d have been driving the coach in The Italian Job Michael Caine’s lot would have made it home. :laughing: :laughing:

Check this out and take a look at the comments and related vids…looks like its a common place for trucks to turn round :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3RC3Oqr … re=related

Al

Carryfast:

nickyboy:

If he’d have been driving the coach in The Italian Job Michael Caine’s lot would have made it home. :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL :laughing:

Ref the wagon and drag could he have done it with a loaded trailer but brilliant driving i wish i was half as good.