Could someone PLEASE explain my weekend break time. PLEASE

I’m sorry to mither but i’m really confused by how the weekend work actually works out within the weekly rest period and the ‘3 week’ timescale and ‘Paying it back’
I worked Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri,Sat last week
This week they want me to work Mon-Sat. Which i’m more than happy to do. Can i do this? And how do i calculate how long i need to have as a Weekly rest & how do i ‘Pay it back’

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Can you provide the times of working please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday 7am-3:30
Tuesday 7am-7PM
Thursday 7am-3pm
Friday 5am-5:30pm
Saturday 4am-2pm

Monday 5am-6pm
Tues (Today) 5am-3pm
Rest of week will follow suit. 5am-2pmto6pm (Ish)

Cheers.

Generally it’s best to have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period every second week, that way you’re likely to stay legal.

There are circumstances that allow you to have reduced weekly rest periods two consecutive weekends but you haven’t given enough information to say if it applies to your situation for certain.

If you always work days and last week was the first time you’ve had a reduced weekly rest period since the last time you had a rest period of 90 hours you will certainly be able to work this coming Saturday.

I’ll explain how you compensate for the reduced weekly rest periods when I get home later if no-one else explains it first.

Sent from my mobile.

Last week was my first every reduced weekly rest. I’ve only been driving 4 weeks and my 1st week i only did 3 days lol.

Thanks for replying. I look forward to reading your future post.

Dee Dee 2012:
Last week was my first every reduced weekly rest. I’ve only been driving 4 weeks and my 1st week i only did 3 days lol.

Thanks for replying. I look forward to reading your future post.

which 3 days ?

Weekly rest periods

• A regular weekly rest period is a rest period of no less than 45 consecutive hours.

• A reduced weekly rest period is a rest period of less than 45 hours but not less than 24 consecutive hours.

• In any week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday) you must have a weekly rest period.

• In any two weeks you must have either 2 regular weekly rest periods or a regular weekly rest period and a reduced weekly rest period.
  • Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period must be paid back by the end of the third week following the week the reduced weekly rest period was taken for.
  • Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period can be paid back by adding it (en-bloc) onto a rest period of 9 hours or more.
    [/*:m][/list:u]
  • I’m assuming you’ve worked days since starting as a HGV driver and your first week started after a rest period of at-least 45 hours.*
    Let us know if this is not correct :wink:

In your case you started week 1 with a regular weekly rest period at the start of the week (yes you can have a weekly rest period before starting the working week)
Week 2 Started with a regular weekly rest period.
Week 3 started with a regular weekly rest period.
Week 4 started with a regular weekly rest period.
Week 5 (this week) started with a reduced weekly rest period.
Week 6 (next week) will start with a reduced weekly rest period that will be used only to reset the six periods of 24 hous that you can work between weekly rest periods.
Week 6 must end with a regular weekly rest period (this is not optional if you want to stay legal.

• After this you will only be able to have a reduced weekly rest every second week until you have another rest period of 90 hours or more.*

You will need to pay back compensation for the reduced weekly rest period at the start of this week by the end of week 8.
I’ve assumed this week is your 5th week as a HGV driver but it doesn’t really matter if it’s your 4th week, if this is week 4 then the compensation needs to be paid back by the end of week 7 rather than week 8. :wink:

Oh Jesus!

I’m staying in bed on Saturday. Stuff that. Keep the money. Lol

Thanks for your time mate, but you may aswell been speaking mandarin.

You can definitely do Saturday if you take the following Sunday and Monday off. The complicated bit is if you wanted just to take Sunday off.

A good way of thinking of it is that last weekend you just had Sunday off, so you need two days this weekend, which would be Sunday and Monday.

To be honest with these kind of shifts you should be okay with compensation. Each 24 you are actually taking more like 36+ and your 45s are like 60+ or something.

Noremac:
You can definitely do Saturday if you take the following Sunday and Monday off. The complicated bit is if you wanted just to take Sunday off.

A good way of thinking of it is that last weekend you just had Sunday off, so you need two days this weekend, which would be Sunday and Monday.

He could work this Saturday then have Sunday off and start work again on Monday as long as he has a regular 45 hour rest period at the end of next week.

tachograph:
He could work this Saturday then have Sunday off and start work again on Monday as long as he has a regular 45 hour rest period at the end of next week.

I wasn’t sure all the information was there to say that, but if you think so fair enough.

Noremac:
I wasn’t sure all the information was there to say that, but if you think so fair enough.

Sorry, you’re right, I should have said the OP could work Saturday and again Monday as long as the conditions I mentioned before were correct.

I’m assuming you’ve worked days since starting as a HGV driver and your first week started after a rest period of at-least 45 hours.

Sent from my mobile.

Stuff it i’m going to work haha!
Thanks for your advice as usual guys. I think from this week if the opportunity arises i’m just going to work every other saturday. Keep it simple then.

Thanks.
Deady.