Could be my lucky week

Just had a phone call regarding the interview I went to with DHL at Hatfield nearly 4 weeks ago now asking if I can come for a driving assesment on Weds,the guy said short of crashing the vehicle I should be offered a job there :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: best news I’ve heard for a long time…and with waiting for the outcome of the interview/assesment I had for Fine Lady at Banbury should know by Friday could be back in gainful employment very soon.

wow, good luck. I thought dhl had just let a load of drivers go, in fact i know someone in hr at their coventry site and and at the beginning of the year she had to let most of their drivers go.

hope all goes well for yah mate

tramp:
wow, good luck. I thought dhl had just let a load of drivers go, in fact i know someone in hr at their coventry site and and at the beginning of the year she had to let most of their drivers go.

They have got the TK Max contract which is the work I’ll be doing hopefully

farmer:
hope all goes well for yah mate

Thanx farmer will post the otcome on here Weds

You’ll love it on the TK Maxx job. Store deliveries are a good number but the trunking at night is a horror. Couple of hours waiting for an empty trailer and then dragging a double decker up and down to Leeds with a clapped out little Daf at 49 mph through the night was my idea of hell.

Ex Haulier:
You’ll love it on the TK Maxx job. Store deliveries are a good number but the trunking at night is a horror. Couple of hours waiting for an empty trailer and then dragging a double decker up and down to Leeds with a clapped out little Daf at 49 mph through the night was my idea of hell.

Oh dear I was going onto the night trunk as well as the pay was a little bit more maybe not such a wise decision on my part then :cry:

Well done there. Hope it all works out for you, its hard these days so to have two possibilities is great news. Fingers crossed you get the job you want. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tramp:

I think that was one of the 3PL sites and the customer either closed it or asked to cut staff. I think we were running the Tesco up there because we’ve got some of their refugees at our place now.

Nice one dave,

Some very good news at last, think of that the possibility of being able to choose between which one of two jobs you want to accept, in these doom and gloom times, that is a bloody good result. Well done mate you’ve obviously got the je ne sais quoi that they are looking for, fancy giving me some tips on getting applications noticed :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hope it all pans out well for you mate

garnerlives:
Nice one dave,

Some very good news at last, think of that the possibility of being able to choose between which one of two jobs you want to accept, in these doom and gloom times, that is a bloody good result. Well done mate you’ve obviously got the je ne sais quoi that they are looking for, fancy giving me some tips on getting applications noticed :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hope it all pans out well for you mate

Hi Jon whatever job I get offered first I’m going to take it, the DHL one looks favourite as it’s tomorrow the Banbury one maybe not till the end of the week before I hear back from them whether I was succesful or not…as for tips well I’ve only got 5yrs class 1 experience but I think what people look at is where I did 19yrs with Royal Mail so they know I’m a stayer and not flit from job to job well that is my view anyway will keep you updated on how I get on tomorrow. :smiley:

Nice one. Is that in the actual DHL depot or in the TK Max depot? If it’s the DHL one might see you in there as that is where I work at the moment.

tramp:
wow, good luck. I thought dhl had just let a load of drivers go

We are very busy in Hatfield at the moment, agency are doing a roaring trade in there, I had to babysit one on the German run twice last week so he would know what to do in the coming weeks.

Coffeeholic:
Nice one. Is that in the actual DHL depot or in the TK Max depot? If it’s the DHL one might see you in there as that is where I work at the moment.

As far as I know when I went for the interview it was the DHL one and that is where I’m going tomorrow for my driving assesment will find out some more tomorrow so if u see a nervous looking bloke being watched as he makes a complete arse doing his reversing that’ll probably be me :smiley:

Northamptonguy341:

Coffeeholic:

As far as I know when I went for the interview it was the DHL one and that is where I’m going tomorrow for my driving assesment will find out some more tomorrow so if u see a nervous looking bloke being watched as he makes a complete arse doing his reversing that’ll probably be me :smiley:

Easy yard for reversing in, plenty of room, lines painted on ground for each bay plus metal guides to aim for. What time you in at, I’m on a UK day tomorrow but not sure what time I’m starting at the moment?

Coffeeholic:

Northamptonguy341:

Coffeeholic:

Easy yard for reversing in, plenty of room, lines painted on ground for each bay plus metal guides to aim for. What time you in at, I’m on a UK day tomorrow but not sure what time I’m starting at the moment?

Thanx for the info much appreciated I’m in there for 12 miday have to see a guy called Stuart in transport

We don’t have a Stuart in our transport department so maybe it isn’t our depot then.

Coffeeholic:
We don’t have a Stuart in our transport department so maybe it isn’t our depot then.

When I see him tomorrow I’ll ask him how many other depots they have in that area

Northamptonguy341:

Coffeeholic:

When I see him tomorrow I’ll ask him how many other depots they have in that area

I’m at the main one in Frobisher Way, up to the roundabout at the end and it’s directly ahead with Bookers on the left.

Ex Haulier:

hey at least you could still overtake JD