Costa del Sol

Has anyone ever been to the Mikonos Playa complex by the marina in Duquesa?
If so, whats it like? As I am considering renting a private apartment there next summer (end of August 2016), from a fellow member of another internet forum.
Any information about the complex / area would be really appreciated. We have an eleven year old son and a five year old daughter.
Is the area suitable with plenty to do. What’s the cost of eating and drinking etc. Also, I have only ever been on package holidays abroad (not for a good few years though), so have any of you rented private apartments abroad before. What has been your experience of doing it this way.

The couple I’m considering renting off advertises their property on homeaway.com/ although I have been in touch with him privately, so if I was to go ahead I’d probably keep it private as they are willing to give me a lower rate due to being a fellow member of the forum.

They have owned the property for eleven years and have loads of great reviews. I’ve tried to do as much research as I can. To me it all looks good. I have even asked them about car hire and they have pointed me in the right direction. It looks like the only deciding factor is gonna be the cost of the flights, but they can’t be booked that far in advanced. I’ve been told they usually get released around November time so will have to wait until then to find out.

Anyway, like I’ve said, if anyone has any help or advice then it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick