Correct distribution areas

So I have been looking at the Mod 4 questions and some of them have the question: you are asked to collect HALF a load of ____. show me how by pointing to the correct distribution areas.

My question is what are the correct distribution areas?

I would take a guess at half of the half load over the 5th wheel and the other half of the load over the rear wheels. but if any of you guys know of a webpage or document that says what they are or can tell me yourself that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi MrGodSquad,

I passed my mod4 on Friday with 100% and I got this questions. My reply was as follows:

I would load the pallets at the mid point of the wagon (the centre of gravity). This way i’m not overloading one axle. I would use straps to secure them and place a restraining bar in front of the them to prevent the load shifting forward.

It worked for me but i’m sure others will have their own opinion, like splitting between the bulkhead and rear axle(s) etc.

Good luck :smiley:

Oh I had this and just used the
I would spread the load evenly distributed across the area.

I used, I will distribute the load evenly throughout the centre of the vehicle length and width wise and restrain the load from moving using the required equipment. I would do this to prevent my load from moving and causing my load to shift during transport.

Something along those lines will be fine

And in real life, (dependant on the weight), it goes straight up against the headboard and gets cross strapped behind it!

eagerbeaver:
And in real life, (dependant on the weight), it goes straight up against the headboard and gets cross strapped behind it!

Shhhh beaver don’t taint his mind yet, let him pass first! lmao

I didn’t need to know! :open_mouth:

But if I did!
I’d want to know the tensile strength and deflection characteristics of the steel in the trailer.
Then I’d need to work out the second moment of area of the steelwork.
After that, I’d need to work out the centripetal acceleration of the load in transit.
Followed by constructing a bending moment diagram of the trailer twist.
This would require me to know the strapping positions and thus calculate the point loadings.
Once that is know, retardation and momentum shift must be factored, and balanced/proportioned against apposing acceleration.
Then we get on to harmonic motion and resonance characteristics of the trailer.
Which is also lightly to require the consideration of fluid/air dynamics and turbulence consideration.

And once i’ve got those basics covered, I’d be pretty confident in giving an answer! :smiley:

What do you mean the exam’s over & I’ve just run out of time? :imp:

Or I could just put it somewhere near the middle… :laughing:

Up against the headboard strap it in and off you go lol

Or as we do collecting pallets of sugar turn up with 45ft curtain load 20 pallets don’t strap it and back to work but ssshhhhhh it doesn’t happen honest :grimacing: :laughing:

All ill say a bit off topic but the hardest load ive found to get to stay still will moving is ply and chip board which is what im currently delivering cant wait to have a empty trailer later this load has been a nightmare trying to get it not to move but as for distribution i would say between the headboard and middleof trailer/ rear axle spread evenly to prevent it swaying when turning good luck when you do youre mod 4 just relax

Evil8Beezle:
Or I could just put it somewhere near the middle… :laughing:

Evil you just could not resist could you with your sarcasm :stuck_out_tongue: