Cornwall

Hi, I’m looking for a move down to Cornwall, does anyone know of any driving jobs going down there. Nights out and weekends away no problem. Uk or European, clean license, dcpc, digital taco.

Conway Bailey in Redruth always seem to be taking drivers on.
Mainly UK fridge work but also some continental.
I know a few drivers there who love it, other opinions are available!

Westfield Transport.

Try l.p. stephens in Truro, drivers seem a good bunch and they all say Mark, the boss would never ask you to do anything he couldn’t do himself. (p.s. wages are sh*t driving wagons in Cornwall, as far as i know, it’s day rate and max your hours out)

Dennis Oates & Sons, if you fancy venturing as far as Penzance way… Don’t think they are a huge fleet, so not sure if vacancies come up everyday. A brilliant looking fleet tho, every time I saw one they were always nicely turned out.

Also R&R Transport in Redruth - owned by Conway Bailey, they took them over some years ago.

Westfield’s as mentioned already.

It’s Cornwall tho, it’s miles from everywhere, so do expect to earn your pennies…

I’d say Conway Bailey as they seem to be everywhere now and all the kit looks decent and they do a lot of fridge work which is a complete doddle the only thing is you won’t get much further than Bristol and you’ll be nighting out so I’m guessing you’ll be doing a lot of maxing out.

Where in Cornwall are you thinking of settling down ?

Westfield were advertising for driver last week actually

bald bloke:
I’d say Conway Bailey as they seem to be everywhere now and all the kit looks decent and they do a lot of fridge work which is a complete doddle the only thing is you won’t get much further than Bristol and you’ll be nighting out so I’m guessing you’ll be doing a lot of maxing out.

Bald bloke, would you say Bailey’s are the biggest operator down there now? before you even bring R&R into the picture.?

Londontrucker123:

bald bloke:

Bald bloke, would you say Bailey’s are the biggest operator down there now? before you even bring R&R into the picture.?

I would.

If you fancy a job where you actually have to drive the ‘Wagons’

Try Uggy Newport in Penzance

They are all on the button, tidy & well maintained

If your happy with working weekends and want European work you could try Ocean fish at Roach. They run their own trawlers and you run around the UK and Europe collecting loads from them at the harbours.

smales.co.uk/vacancy-class-2-del … -required/

I know this was posted on their website a while back but if you don’t mind class 2 multidrop
they’re not a bad company to work for. It could be worth leaving your details, should a vacancy come up.