Cornwall

I’m surprised at how cheap decent pads can be in some Devon & Cornwall spots vs South East & Thames Valley OK not prime location beach etc, but prices can be so much lower than I’d expect. If you can get OK paying work what a cracking spot to live.

Tho many places you find that, I was out in Loughborough on Fri night, looked in estate agent window & was amazed at low prices too & its not too bad an area.

the maoster:
Money, whilst important is not the be all and end all. I’d happily accept a lower wage in exchange for a better standard of life. We all know that we won’t become rich men doing this job, but sometimes you gotta smell the roses instead.

My advice to you Daf95 is to sit down and work out how much money you are going to need to live and then figure how much you can earn in Cornwall. If you can earn more than you need then I’d consider that the benefits of living in one of the most beautiful places on Earth are worth more to your soul than your bank balance and go for it.

Good luck.

It may or may not happen, just put a few feelers out there, have even asked First Cornwall if they are taking on :open_mouth:

I live in Devon and wages are crap down here. That’s why I tramp out of Oxfordshire for now. Yes it’s nicer than Birmingham to live, but I can’t afford to work down here.

Get yourself on spareroom.co.uk and get a single room in the Bristol area for about £50-60 a week all inclusive. Hammer the agency work in the area, ie supermarkets, 3 15s and a 13 on a Thursday, then home for a long weekend with roughly £500 after your fuel and room

stuff that get on for wilkos and do 6 hr days 5 day week take home 475 :smiley: after taxes
e: Cornwall
Postby OVLOV JAY » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:03 am

Get yourself on spareroom.co.uk and get a single room in the Bristol area for about £50-60 a week all inclusive. Hammer the agency work in the area, ie supermarkets, 3 15s and a 13 on a Thursday, then home for a long weekend with roughly £500 after your fuel and room
These opinions are all my own, and yours do not ■■■■ me off, contrary to popular belief
OVLOV JAY

DAF95XF:
I’ve put in a speculative application to Conway Bailey at Redruth…

I don’t understand why you would want to move down to such a gorgeous part of the country and then spend all week working away from it. :confused:

I’d be seriously tempted to find a firm with regular deliveries down near home. Last drop on Friday near home, park up local for the weekend and then collection on Monday morning.

mucker85:
I’d be seriously tempted to find a firm with regular deliveries down near home. Last drop on Friday near home, park up local for the weekend and then collection on Monday morning.

Works well, my mum lives in Bere Alston. Coltons tip bestway Plymouth every Friday. Used to leave the lorry there and collect north Tawton on a Monday

I keep seeing Sitra tankers parked up near me. Might be worth an enquiry.

Well as for housing, my rich cousin is selling their 9 bedroom place at Flushing for about 4 mil’ if you’re interested. Stayed there for a week a couple of years ago, laying in bed looking out the window towards Falmouth across the water. How the other half live eh.