Cornish Companies

Extra’s, Buzzer

Absolute crackers Buzzer,
Keep em coming.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

John, You are familiar with straw bales etc, what sort of weight would this BMC/Austin/Morris lorry have on ■■ Cheers, Ray/

Ray Smyth:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

John, You are familiar with straw bales etc, what sort of weight would this BMC/Austin/Morris lorry have on ■■ Cheers, Ray/

Ray that lorry load of straw looks alot but back then it was hard to get the weight in those bales, he probably has about 4 1/2 ton on there but today is a different story, with the big bales now and modern machinery an 8ft bale can weigh over 1/2 a ton each so if you see a waggon & drag loaded with straw today it would be on its max weight if not more, Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:

Ray Smyth:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Depends how tight the baler was screwed down, on a good day I would reckon somewhere about 6 to 6 1/2, he is 9 high, pretty brave for a BMC, I bet it rolled a bit on Cornish roads!
As for modern outfits, there is a chap from Stow on the Wold just been fined a total of £14,000 for various offences relating to being over 10 tonnes overweight.

Ray that lorry load of straw looks alot but back then it was hard to get the weight in those bales, he probably has about 4 1/2 ton on there but today is a different story, with the big bales now and modern machinery an 8ft bale can weigh over 1/2 a ton each so if you see a waggon & drag loaded with straw today it would be on its max weight if not more, Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Looks like A Newport on the headboard

bridgend:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Looks like A Newport on the headboard

Good shout I reckon:
ukhaulier.co.uk/company/gen … transport/
Phone number looks the same. (albeit a bit longer now though :smiley: )

I ran into Uggy Newport today at the Covid booster clinic.

Driving a Suzuki Jeep - he bought it because it didn’t have a computer as he doesn’t use one, though he said his son has one in the yard.

I think his son is making him weigh in his old motors now, a couple of Big Js went recently, though there wasn’t much left of them

bobthedog:
Pretty sure I had F762 VAF, a sister to Benneys Strato, for a time.This was after R&O traded it in and when Brian had it. That truck pulled like the very devil was breathing up her tail, and the jake would set car alarms off. I actually had someone come into a takeaway in Oxon and tell me there was something wrong with it!!! I finally remembered the number of the 401 I had, too LWN 834X.

Any pics of J Hayne and son would be appreciated.

Oh, and I forgot Derek Mason had that 112. When was that pic taken, do you think? Trying to figure if it was poor old Brian Brayley driving it… Don’t think it was, it could have been Tony Morris.

Brian had the Scalia first then John palmer had it Tony moorish had the strato thanks midnight mover

Keeping Britain [ZB]ed

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer