Corner boards

Does anyone know where I can buy metal or hard plastic lengths of right angle corner boards preferably with a rounded edge though not essential to protect ratchet straps from getting cut on product on the wagon with about 6 inches plus wide on each flat bit over the Internet?

The RHA want £35 per piece for them & I need 14 = £490. :frowning:

Spanset are about as much use as a chocolate teapot & don’t seem to have heard of e commerce.

I’ve tried builders merchants but they only had them cardboard bits which aren’t up to it as it’s exposed to the weather.

I appreciate you can make them out of 2 planks and a bit of tape, but I could do with something a bit more ■■■■■■■■, that & the fact I am a bit lazy & would probly make a haymes of it.

Have you thought about having some sheet metal folded at a local sheet metal factory, there’s bound to be a small sheet metal jobbing shop in your area.

I’m not saying that’s the best solution just maybe something to think about :wink:

I’ll try something like that if I can’t get any on t’internet tachograph, thanks. I’d just like to save myself a bit of hastle by clicking a button if I can. I think aluminium ones are what I’m looking for.

I got some cardboard ones free today so that should tide me over for a bit, they seem to have a water resistant coating on them so I’ll see if they stand up to the rain.

Hiya we just got some lenght,s of wood and some seat belt webbing and a hand full of felt nails(big heads)
bang bang 1/2 a dozen corner boards no problem they lasted me ages. i used to return load beer cans from
crown cork at Southall. later they used a top wooden square that was banded onto the top of the pallet so
we didn’t need the boards for that job anymore.
John

The little aluminium ones would be my choice.

I used them when I transported large concrete wall sections and never had a strap go on me.

I’m afraid to say SS that you may have to get up of your backside and get some though as I wouldn’t have a clue where to get them online. Any fabricator has either got them or can make you some quickly.

HTH

Alloy ones would be more expensive your best bet is get a local small engineering firm. Eddie.

just make em outta wood as said then a can of spray paint to paint the ends job done at least they’ll fold flat but with anything metal they will always have the L shape and storage wont be as easy.
As for the webbing I’m sure there’s enough old skagged internal straps you could use.

It’s says something about the industry when a driver is asking where he can buy stuff from to do the job properly and he’s paying out of his own pocket. Surely it’s down to the company to supply you with right tools to do the job in a safe and legal manner and if that means a set of corner boards so the driver can strap pallets down without the risk of damaging the product or the straps then so be it.
It’s like a welder working in a steelworks being expected to buy his own MIG welder, welding mask, and gloves :unamused: If you do end up buying them SS then I sugest you try and claim for it all back and the price the RHA are are asking for just shows how much a bunch of robbing ■■■■■■■■ they are :imp:

Would wear sleeves on the strap not work ■■ we use them on steel without problems ■■

or these… sad thing is I’ve not long thrown about 100 of these away :frowning:

cargostopuk.com/Catalogue/Pr … or-P-001-2

or there is plenty of places on ebay who do angle, reasonably priced for collection only, depends where you are really…

STEVE I took it he will be an owner driver. Eddie.

Just a suggestion but you may try CCF or Sheffield Insulations.
In a previous life I used to deliver 1/8th gauge galvanised angle to yhem. Lightweight and about 3"x3". 3 or 4mtr lengths were only a few quid.
I cut a few down myself and they served the purpose for many years

We used to use something similar to these on chipboard when we delivered it. Cheap and work
nationwide-trailer-parts.co. … tAodf2oAGg
Hope that works and helps

The plastic Webbing protectors are fantastic. If you need to strap pallets I would suggest the two lengths of timber fastened together with webbing/strapping. If you make them about 6 feet long- just short of two pallet widths- you can secure two pallets together extremely firmly with three straps.

Plastic guttering can be useful, also commonly found on building sites :wink: :laughing:

I’ve got some boards made up for when I carry packs of blocks when someone decides to move them from site to site.2x Pallet slats 3"x1" about 3’ long parallel with about a 6" gap, joined by some offcuts of ratchet strap, they lay on top of the pack and spread the load a treat. Also free if you can find a handful of screws or nails.

When I was driving for Cardiff Galv, we used to use off cuts of carpet from local carpet fitters.
Should be free if you ask about.

Used to use galvanised tin.

Bacon Sandwich:
The little aluminium ones would be my choice.

I used them when I transported large concrete wall sections and never had a strap go on me.

I’m afraid to say SS that you may have to get up of your backside and get some though as I wouldn’t have a clue where to get them online. Any fabricator has either got them or can make you some quickly.

HTH

Aye bacon, it’s looking that way.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
It’s says something about the industry when a driver is asking where he can buy stuff from to do the job properly and he’s paying out of his own pocket. Surely it’s down to the company to supply you with right tools to do the job in a safe and legal manner and if that means a set of corner boards so the driver can strap pallets down without the risk of damaging the product or the straps then so be it.
It’s like a welder working in a steelworks being expected to buy his own MIG welder, welding mask, and gloves :unamused: If you do end up buying them SS then I sugest you try and claim for it all back and the price the RHA are are asking for just shows how much a bunch of robbing [zb] they are :imp:

I am an owner driver Steve :slight_smile:

Kate:
Would wear sleeves on the strap not work ■■ we use them on steel without problems ■■

or these… sad thing is I’ve not long thrown about 100 of these away :frowning:

cargostopuk.com/Catalogue/Pr … or-P-001-2

or there is plenty of places on ebay who do angle, reasonably priced for collection only, depends where you are really…

Thanks Kate, I’ve seen those on Spanset’s site & I’ll probably get some of those as well but the metre lengths of aluminium serve as load restraint as well, I’m using timbers at the mo but it’s a bit of a faff. I got some of the plastic edge protectors from the RHA web site for a pound each.