Cork St W1S London

Got a full load there tomorrow. Full size artic. Absolutely joyful :frowning:

Just had a look on Street View,
Good luck with that one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Grafton St, New Bond St, Burlington Gardens? I hope the roadworks are finished… :open_mouth:

I’m not sure you’ll get in there to be honest.

Your mission Jim… Should you choose to accept it

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Google Street View usually makes roads look a little bigger than they actually are.

Those 90° turns look a ■■■■■ even on street view :neutral_face:

Please do a little pic diary of the trip :smiley:

Seriously, you need to speak to someone before you attempt that. Could be that they block the road and get you to reverse off Regent, up Vigo and Burlington. Sounds mental but could be only way as I can’t see you getting around the corner of Grafton.

It’ll be Regent St, right onto Conduit St, left onto New Bond St. That’s doable thus far because we’ve spent ages delivering to New Bond St but as they’ve finished those works they’ve moved to these ones. Delivery address is Cork St jct with Clifford Street.

Only way out I can see is right down Old Burlington St then left or left up Seville Row and out.

Naturally we’ve sent artics there before apparently says the planner :unamused:

toonsy:
It’ll be Regent St, right onto Conduit St, left onto New Bond St. That’s doable thus far because we’ve spent ages delivering to New Bond St but as they’ve finished those works they’ve moved to these ones. Delivery address is Cork St jct with Clifford Street.

Only way out I can see is right down Old Burlington St then left or left up Seville Row and out.

Naturally we’ve sent artics there before apparently says the planner :unamused:

Not sure how tight getting onto Saville Row will be from there but good luck with it mate, hope all goes well.

Well I’m here. Got to the last bit where I knew I could still get out and walked the last bit round the block.

Getting out onto Seville Row looks ok. There’s double yellows with double kerb strikes on the junction so barring a major knob it should be fine but I’ll have the legal and moral high ground and there’s also a cop shop opposite so they’ve not got far to come :slight_smile:

Edit: No idea how to turn images

toonsy:
Well I’m here. Got to the last bit where I knew I could still get out and walked the last bit round the block.

Getting out onto Seville Row looks ok. There’s double yellows with double kerb strikes on the junction so barring a major knob it should be fine but I’ll have the legal and moral high ground and there’s also a cop shop opposite so they’ve not got far to come :slight_smile:

Edit: No idea how to turn images

Nice one mate, the sign of a proper driver, taking time to size it up before steaming in. West End Central nick don’t mess about mate, if you need them they’ll be there in a flash!

That Ro-Ro driver on the corner in the background made things more difficult than they needed to be mind.

toonsy:
That Ro-Ro driver on the corner in the background made things more difficult than they needed to be mind.

Two types of Ro-Ro drivers:

1 Artic driver who likes the work and wants to be home at night.

2 Over-promoted skip/tipper driver.

:laughing:

My heart starts to palpitate soon as I bring my rigid inside the M25 ring, how you lot on the bendys do it without pulling over and jumping ship I don’t know, what breed even are Londons drivers and cyclists?

Drempels:

toonsy:

Two types of Ro-Ro drivers:

1 Artic driver who likes the work and wants to be home at night.

2 Over-promoted skip/tipper driver.

:laughing:

It’s not even an artic. I struggled so much as I was looking down at him as it’s only an eight-wheeler :laughing:

Joking rigiteers before anyone starts lol

Alfa1M:
My heart starts to palpitate soon as I bring my rigid inside the M25 ring, how you lot on the bendys do it without pulling over and jumping ship I don’t know, what breed even are Londons drivers and cyclists?

This is where the FORS cycle module kicks in :unamused:

Yes that was sarcasm lol

To be fair I’ve not had many incidents with cyclists and London drivers don’t bother me so much. I take all the road I need even if I straddle two lanes then don’t really need them I’ll have them to head off anything.

But then I used to fling 15m tri-axle rear steer LHD coaches in and out of London on a near daily basis so I guess I’m used to it a bit.

The Thief is in and out of there fairly often,

Had Langham Place W1B the other day.

Had to unload pretty much where the taxi is in the pic. Which seems ok until you try and access Riding Horse Street from the other end.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk