Corby Glen A151

Just a quickie before bedtime,
I have a drop tomorrow at Corby Glen and was intending to use A1 south to Colsterworth then take the A151, but there is a bridge on this road I cannot get under (I’m 15’ 9"). Some of the minor roads in the vicinity look useful if there are no other restrictions on them. Does anyone know if I will be ok using these back roads?
I realise I could use the A15 to Bourne and then A151 missing the bridge altogether but I have another drop at Earl Shilton (M69 area) so need to head west anyway. Thanks In Advance!

axletramp:
Just a quickie before bedtime,
I have a drop tomorrow at Corby Glen and was intending to use A1 south to Colsterworth then take the A151, but there is a bridge on this road I cannot get under (I’m 15’ 9"). Some of the minor roads in the vicinity look useful if there are no other restrictions on them. Does anyone know if I will be ok using these back roads?
I realise I could use the A15 to Bourne and then A151 missing the bridge altogether but I have another drop at Earl Shilton (M69 area) so need to head west anyway. Thanks In Advance!

It’s got me thinking , you want to be going out of grantham up hill past barracks ( as if your heading for a52 to Boston ) then when you come to R/ o go straight over ( going through somerby, bitchfield , etc ) then when you come to 151 turn left down hill and your at Corby glen ( roads a bit twisty but I’ve used it various times ) , 15 9 I think ( assuming your comming from Bradford you’ll have to pass grantham on a1 , down to colter worth , back up north bound and come of just past ponton then along spittalgate level past car garages , down hill and turn right at McDonald’s up hill past barracks and follow as above .

Or come off a1 at melton turn , down to mini R/ 0 and turn left , up to next mini R/0 and left , up too t/ jct and right ( dysart rd ) , follow that all the way down , under bridge and straight through light ( past next ) then bare right and then bare left and along warf rd ( morr on left ) up too t/ l and right onto London rd , down there and bare left at t/ l up hill past barracks ( on left ) then straight over R/o through old somerby / bitchfield until you come to t/ junction ( 151 , after low bridge ) down hill to Corby glen

Hi Dozy, thanks for the info.
I went with my original plan of using A1, A17, A15 to Bourne to get to Corby Glen only to find that the address given was actually the office.
I noticed from the roadside some building going on so didn’t smell a rat at first. The motor only just got up the private drive and there was
nowhere to turn round. It took nearly an hour to get the ■■■■■■■ thing back to the road. A geezer with a chainsaw cut down lots of branches.
I was an the verge of spazzing out. The stuff was eventually delivered to a quarry near Ancaster. I did go through Somerby and Bitchfield en route.
This placed me near the A17 again so went via South and North Raucby, and across to Newark and A46 for Leicester and thence to Earl Shilton.
So it’s not just your office and planners that make mistakes!

axletramp:
Hi Dozy, thanks for the info.
I went with my original plan of using A1, A17, A15 to Bourne to get to Corby Glen only to find that the address given was actually the office.
I noticed from the roadside some building going on so didn’t smell a rat at first. The motor only just got up the private drive and there was
nowhere to turn round. It took nearly an hour to get the [zb] thing back to the road. A geezer with a chainsaw cut down lots of branches.
I was an the verge of spazzing out. The stuff was eventually delivered to a quarry near Ancaster. I did go through Somerby and Bitchfield en route.
This placed me near the A17 again so went via South and North Raucby, and across to Newark and A46 for Leicester and thence to Earl Shilton.
So it’s not just your office and planners that make mistakes!

Yea it sounds like you came back the way I was on about going ,bitchfield / old somerby and then I assume when you came to R/o you turned right instead of going down hill past barracks into grantham , used 52 past ministry building then high dyke to ancaster .
I think while he was cutting down all those branches I’d of been in fighting ■■■■■/ wood house having a cider to calm my nerves :wink: :laughing: ( Mrs grew up in Corby glen so know pubs well ) , glad you got on ok eventually though .
N.b building ring road round grantham ( connecting a1 direct to a52 etc ) so should make things easier , avoiding all the bridges in grantham )