Copilot truck hd

I am trying this app out this week, on my iPhone. I have been looking at the TomTom 5150 & Snooper 8000, any thoughts anyone?

I bought a 7" chinese sat nav from ebay for £58 quid, had IGO Primo installed on it, recently updated it to version 2.4 using Q4 2012 maps, allows you to input dimensions of your vehicle and so far it has been absolutely fine. Although the vehicle I drive is only 6.1m long, and 2.65m wide/high.

But it has routed me away from 6ft 6" restrictions which a normal sat nav would not do.

Used it since before its launch on windows mobile and is my sat nav of choice on iPhone now rock solid and not sent me wrong yet.

£130 for an app?

Maps are downloaded on to the phone usually updates once a year on iOS that’s eu maps

It seems ok so far, I’ve got it set to Favour Motorways & Dual Carriage ways, the rest are set to neutral? Also I’m thinking of putting onto an iPad mini?

What happens if your phone rings while you’re navigating, does it blue tooth connect to your borg head set or what?

Yep no probs, directions come into your headset…

I’ve been using this for a while now, and I’ve decided it’s pants… Keeps crashing blank screens, post codes incorrect locations very slow at keeping up in towns. So I’m gonna look at the TomTom 5150? Any thoughts out there?

I’ve had an iPhone (3GS then 4S) for the past few years. The only App I use for directions is Google Maps. You can plan your route, use satellite and street view to see where you’re going and then use it as a Sat Nav if you like. Wouldn’t bother spending money on anything.

I also have a normal paper bridge height map that I double check my route on.

Google maps is brilliant, especially the app, tells you exactly where firms are then you can street view them.

Silver_Surfer:
Google maps is brilliant, especially the app, tells you exactly where firms are then you can street view them.

How much does it cost, not got any Appps yet, only just got a smart phone (blackberry curve). Use google maps on my lap top, but can only sort out where I’m going when stopped, which is fine most of the time as I have a good knowledge of the UK, but have wondered about getting a satnav, or a navigation app now I have a smart phone. Also does it use much data when downloading addresses :question:

Google maps is free as far as i know. I use it on my samsung galaxy s2. It came already installed on my phone.

Yeah, I think Google Maps is free on everything. As for the data, it’s so minimal as to not even notice its use.

I’ve used this method for a few years now and I wouldn’t use a SatNav as I feel to restricted. With a SatNav I’m blindly following the instructions but with the Maps I can see where I am and choose my route and diversions if need be.

MikeCunn:
Yeah, I think Google Maps is free on everything. As for the data, it’s so minimal as to not even notice its use.

I’ve used this method for a few years now and I wouldn’t use a SatNav as I feel to restricted. With a SatNav I’m blindly following the instructions but with the Maps I can see where I am and choose my route and diversions if need be.

No offence intended here Mike, but why with a sat nav would you feel that you’re blindly following instructions? It’s only a machine and as such can be overridden or ignored. A lot of people seem to moan about sat nev this, or sat nav that. It’s only a tool the same as paper maps and can be ignored whenever you feel like it.

the maoster:

MikeCunn:

No offence intended here Mike, but why with a sat nav would you feel that you’re blindly following instructions? It’s only a machine and as such can be overridden or ignored. A lot of people seem to moan about sat nev this, or sat nav that. It’s only a tool the same as paper maps and can be ignored whenever you feel like it.

No, you’ve misunderstood. I ignore it if I need to and use it as a guide but with Google Maps I get the larger picture. So if there’s a weight limit or something I can’t pass, I can check the map and look for another way.

I just feel better with the Maps as I can see more and plan better.

That’s fair enough Mike. Whatever works for each of us is all that’s important.

OWLDRIVER:
I’ve been using this for a while now, and I’ve decided it’s pants… Keeps crashing blank screens, post codes incorrect locations very slow at keeping up in towns. So I’m gonna look at the TomTom 5150? Any thoughts out there?

Never yet had anything like that and I’m planning upto 30 stops in to it and its been rock solid for since installing it first on a 3 gs then a 4s even on windows mobile its was a solid app

Is your phone jail broken and which store did you buy it from