Coop takesover somerfield

Coop bags Somerfield

THE Cooperative Group is this week expected to announce the long-awaited £1.6 billion deal to buy 955 stores from Somerfield.

Somerfield put itself up for sale at the start of the year after an approach from Asda, the supermarket chain owned by the US giant Wal-Mart.

The deal will be scrutinised by the competition authorities and it is expected that the Coop will eventually be forced to sell off up to 200 stores to rivals.

#taken from timesonline website…#

Wonder what will happen to the RDCs and the drivers there? Not too worriied about the sheds they mainly have… but tthe drivers are, in the main, a good bunch. (Yes, I’ve been there on agency)

Recession, What recession :laughing:

the lea green(somerfield) depot is ok… all of the work from eccleshall and talke will be going to lea green…
eccleshall talke bradord and ossett are all due to close within 2 years anyhow… for a super depot… not sure where other somerfield depots are…

You got them in Pitreavie and bellshill i think.
The next southbound are Lea green.
Then you got Ross, Huntingdon i think, Bridgewater.
I know they shut Wellingboro, Sherburn and Tewkesbury.
Any news anyone has i would be very greatful im waiting to hear about a staff job.

in bradford depot today,said it was to close soon,all going to somerfield lea green(as if it aint slow enough)!lot of coop motors in bford depot with stoke address on doors,so maybe thats goin too?apparently if theres a somfld store nr to a coop store,theyre gonna close one o them,100+ to close :cry:

LASHHGV:
You got them in Pitreavie and bellshill i think.
The next southbound are Lea green.
Then you got Ross, Huntingdon i think, Bridgewater.
I know they shut Wellingboro, Sherburn and Tewkesbury.
Any news anyone has i would be very greatful im waiting to hear about a staff job.

…and East Kilbride…i’ve spent many an afternoon/morning in there :angry:

mighty moth:
Recession, What recession :laughing:

Not bad for those that owned Somerfields, they paid £1.1bn just 2 years ago…

TC