Coop Group Lorry Photos ~ Past and Present

Hello

With the Coop running such a large fleet of delivery lorries for years, I’m surprised to see there isn’t a thread for them.

Therefore, has anyone any photos of lorries run by the Coop, past or present including hire trucks and yard shunters

Also, has anyone any tales of working for the Coop (past or present).

Any such information or photos would be very welcome

Happy Posting!

Kindest regards
CG

3 here for you CG from Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com

BC00028-03.jpg
JLC00175-3.jpg
JLC00176-2.jpg

Will these do?

3233.jpg

3232.jpg

3230.jpg

3231.jpg

3229.jpg

3234.jpg

Stanfield:
3 here for you CG from Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com

Hello Stansfield

Many thanks for these excellent photos marra.

Kindest regards
CG

norfolktrucker:
Will these do?

Hello norfolktrucker

Will these do? Definitely marra

Many thanks for these excellent photos

Kindest regards
CG

Here’s a few more CG. They don’t run tippers so I haven’t taken a great interest in them.

One or two of the drivers from (I think) the Cheaster le street depot need a bit more training on reversing artics. I watched one of them (again) trying to reverse into the delivery point for our village mini market and it was painful, he had the whole village stopped for 10 minutes and still he couldn’t manage it. Eventually he just drove off, god knows what happened to the delivery. OK, it’s a bit tight, but he was reversing on his side (the side he could see) non of the blind side stuff. Volvo unit, single axle trailer.
I know it sounds conceited but I could have popped it in first go and I haven’t touched an artic for 10+ years.

truckfing:
Here’s a few more CG. They don’t run tippers so I haven’t taken a great interest in them.

Hello truckfing

Many thanks for those excellent photos marra. Many thanks

Kindest regards
CG

grumpy old man:
One or two of the drivers from (I think) the Cheaster le street depot need a bit more training on reversing artics. I watched one of them (again) trying to reverse into the delivery point for our village mini market and it was painful, he had the whole village stopped for 10 minutes and still he couldn’t manage it. Eventually he just drove off, god knows what happened to the delivery. OK, it’s a bit tight, but he was reversing on his side (the side he could see) non of the blind side stuff. Volvo unit, single axle trailer.
I know it sounds conceited but I could have popped it in first go and I haven’t touched an artic for 10+ years.

Hello grumpy old man

Many thanks for that interesting story marra.

I would have to agree on you with the Coop’s driving skills.

I watched a Coop Vovlo FM12 rigid trying to back into the delivery bay at a Coop store in Aspatria over the weekend and he struggled.

The delivery bay is situated in part of the car park and although you have to back in from the main road, it isn’t bad at all to get into.

But, he made a meal of it and after 23 mins and counting, he finally got to make his delivery

Sadly, stuck in the car so no photos but I wouldn’t have posted them anyway to save the driver any embarrassment

Kindest regards
CG

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369071601.997782.jpg

A bit front heavy…

Some Co-op Oldies Cowgate Depot, Regards Larry.

truckfing:

Hello truckfing

Excellent photo marra.

Quite unusual with the reg suggesting its a Preston registered vehicle, rather than a North East registered vehicle.

Kindest regards
CG

Seany:

A bit front heavy…

Excellent photo Seany marra. Many thanks

Kindest regards
CG

Lawrence Dunbar:
Some Co-op Oldies Cowgate Depot, Regards Larry.0

Hello Larry

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks for that

Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:

truckfing:

Hello truckfing

Excellent photo marra.

Quite unusual with the reg suggesting its a Preston registered vehicle, rather than a North East registered vehicle.

Kindest regards
CG

One of the ex Somerfield units

truckerjames123:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

truckfing:

Hello truckfing

Excellent photo marra.

Kindest regards
CG

One of the ex Somerfield units

Hello truckerjames123

Thankyou for that marra. I did wonder like with the reg

Kindest regards
CG

Preston Reg on a Volvo doesn’t mean a thing CG. I think most of them are leased, they are all over the country.

From an old Observers Book

Co-op Scania near the Bungalow on Isle of Man TT course…