Coop assessment

anyone done the coop assessment??

Doing Newhouse on Monday

I haven’t done the assessment but i am in there this week doing agency shifts. Will not be going back. Went for debrief last night an guy checks tracker.
“Oh,you stopped for 8 minutes at 11.42. Why”. I told him because I went for a cup of tea. Then he says “you also stopped at 1237 for 11 minutes. Why”. I had to explain it was because I would be early for the store and they would fail it. THEN he says “you took a 55 minute break at 1408. Why so long?” By now I was totally peed off being treated like a seven year old at school so I just said “because that’s how long I took for it”.
I don’t accept being treated like that. Sure,if there are huge stopping times ten find out why. Plenty drivers rip the ■■■. But 7 minutes?
Also at the stores you are leafy to fend for yourself while the staff stand watching you. They wait at the door while you struggle with heavy cages then expect you to take it into te warehouse for them.
But maybe it’s ist me. I generally don’t like store deliveries.
I also appreciate this isn’t what you asked,just feel you should be warned what they are like.

The-Snowman:
I haven’t done the assessment but i am in there this week doing agency shifts. Will not be going back. Went for debrief last night an guy checks tracker.
“Oh,you stopped for 8 minutes at 11.42. Why”. I told him because I went for a cup of tea. Then he says “you also stopped at 1237 for 11 minutes. Why”. I had to explain it was because I would be early for the store and they would fail it. THEN he says “you took a 55 minute break at 1408. Why so long?” By now I was totally peed off being treated like a seven year old at school so I just said “because that’s how long I took for it”.
I don’t accept being treated like that. Sure,if there are huge stopping times ten find out why. Plenty drivers rip the ■■■. But 7 minutes?
Also at the stores you are leafy to fend for yourself while the staff stand watching you. They wait at the door while you struggle with heavy cages then expect you to take it into te warehouse for them.
But maybe it’s ist me. I generally don’t like store deliveries.
I also appreciate this isn’t what you asked,just feel you should be warned what they are like.

Really? When I did some shifts for Co-op Lincolnshire they were fine. All they said to me was “Take your time, it will get there when it gets there”. Great group of people there. But I do agree that the store staff don’t help you. Well, some do, most don’t.

To be fair radar there are a few good ones in Newhouse. It was just last nights guy really got my back up the way he was speaking to me. They are not all like that

always found the lads at nottingham sound, the stores will take the pee if you let them mind, and i get loads of companies questioning breaks etc and the chap was probably only doing what he had been told to.

never had a load failed either at co-op for being early to a store so that must be a new thing.

Done it at Castlewood.

Not an assesment as such. Takes 4 hours, 3 1/2 of which is health and safety driving hours etc, sign your name 30 times.

30 mins with truck, show you can do your checks then quick drive to check you aren’t a liability.

De-brief is a pain if done by jobs worth non driver. Being early for window is ultimate sin because it is avoidable…

If being totally submerged in health and safety and silly rules is not your thing you won’t last long. If you are a go with the flow type it aint so bad.

The-Snowman:

When working for companies that do that sort of debrief ■■■■■■■■, the key is to do any skiving/have extra comfort breaks whilst at the stores. Million + 1 reasons why you might be at a store a bit longer than expected.

Gotta play the game.

I’ve got interview/assessment tonight class 2 out of Godmanchester.

Faz5837:
I’ve got interview/assessment tonight class 2 out of Godmanchester.

all the best mate any pointers be greatly appreciated

Is it class 1 or 2? Im in everyday and i knw what they are looking for. Will pm you.

My mate who has 3/4 years experience driving artics couldn’t even get the wagon out the front gate. Never driven a manual 4/4 before, he passed his test in a merc pre selector. And has been driving daf autos ever since.

So if you can’t drive a manual 4/4 lorry id be worrying.

Auld shagged out volvo 4 over 4 to make it better