COOP Andover Hgv Driver Position

Has anyone got any experience working for them.

I’ve applied for a job and it says stores/trunk runs. I’m looking for an afternoon start time, I would like trunks runs is this something they accommodate or would you be doing both.

Also are they ok to work for.

Thanks.

I don’t work…

For them and this is just my thoughts.

You will do stores and then trunk work if it’s available. If there are any full-time trunk positions, you can be rest assured it’ll be dead mans shoes to get them.

Good luck.

I know someone who did a few years in their Avonmouth depot on afternoons, he described it as the best shift as you only did a couple of stores because most don’t want or are allowed evening deliveries. Also they always needed someone to take the 7.5t lorry out so he would always jump on that whilst the other drivers went on about how they only drive artics.

I’d say 95% stores with the odd trunk run as like my place. I hate trunk runs, may as well retire and waste away is how they make me feel. I’m desperate to push a cage uphill full of alchohol after. I reckon it’s lots of early starts with the odd afternoons on your rota. I work with a guy who done 20+ years with them at Fareham till they moved to Andover.