Cool Boxes

With the warm weather I need to buy an electic coolbox/frigdge.
Two I,ve seen are;
Halfords which cools to -20 ambiant costing £60
Big W costing £30 does anyone know how cold this one gets and is it worth the money.
Thanks dave

Go for the Halfords or similar. I bought a cheap cool box and it is useless in this hot weather. I have since flung it and invested in a “proper” cool box, cold milk at last!!!

placidcasual:
Go for the Halfords or similar. I bought a cheap cool box and it is useless in this hot weather. I have since flung it and invested in a “proper” cool box, cold milk at last!!!

Is a “proper” cool box not a fridge then :question:

:bulb:

cheers, I thought the halfords would be best option as its reduced from £120
and twice the size of the big w one. I’m going to hate cutting the plug off it though to fit a Hella plug :smiling_imp:

David5l:
cheers, I thought the halfords would be best option as its reduced from £120
and twice the size of the big w one. I’m going to hate cutting the plug off it though to fit a Hella plug :smiling_imp:

i have one of the same design as the halfords .12/24v great ,insulated so the milk is still cool in the morning and works great in hot weather.mine was £100 from carlisle truck stop 2 years ago
jon

I bought one from the local camping centre about 12 months ago,and had to have 2 replacements as the first 2 packed up after a while,however,the current replacement has been very good,and will keep things cool for quite a while when the ignition is switched off,say,while tipping,and the noise is fairly unoticable when your in bed on a night.

They were reduced from £60 to £40,and well worth the money.So before you splash your hard earned at Halfrauds,check out your local camping supplier.You may just get a surprise.

Ken.

Ken, if you don’t unplug them when you start the engine then they will keep blowing because the surge kills them :bulb: . Might be tedious to do but well worth it imho :bulb: . Obviously if the fridge is out of reach then you’ve got a bit of a problem :confused:

i had good fridge it lasted a couple of years and just broke so i binned it and bought a eleltriux one i would be with out it now
ive tried pwered cool boxes but they only go to 5 degrees below the out side temp thats to warm for me as like to carry fresh meat i freeze at home in the fridge it stays frozen till wednesday evening even in a heatwave like weve just had

ive tried pwered cool boxes but they only go to 5 degrees below the out side temp thats to warm for me as like to carry fresh meat i freeze at home in the fridge it stays frozen till wednesday evening even in a heatwave like weve just had

thats prob. the big w cool box then.
Halfords could be a proper fridge as the spec says goes to -20 ambient (but only as low as -5c)

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I got the quot wrong

If you are going to spend money on this, you would be better getting a compressor fridge, an Engel is probably the best make you can get.

A cool box is only an insulated box with a fan.

I had an Electrolux Fridge that runs on Gas / Mains / 24 volt which lasted for years. If I was weekended I just turned it onto gas. If I put frozen stuff in the gas could keep it frozen for 3 or 4 days

minicoolers.co.uk/products/comparison.htm