Cool box

Am I ok to leave my cool box plugged in overnight? The battery won’t go dead will it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it probably will. I made that mistake the first time I had a night out. Left it plugged in and had a very unhappy TM the next morning who suggested I walked to the nearest transport yard to find someone to give me a jump.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Depends how good your batteries are…Leave mine on all week…Turn it of at wkends though.Not had a problem so far…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

too find out leave it plugged overnight in the yard then find out next morning, at least that way you will know and there be somebody there too jump start it

A decent set of batteries should survive the night. I assume you have no way of knowing the quality of the batteries, so doing a test overnight in the yard is your best bet. The issue with coolboxes is that they run constantly and, hence, waste a lot of energy. My Waeco stays on from Monday morning through to Friday afternoon with no issues.

I always unplug mine at night because if I leave it going it freezes the food , so leave it on all day , unplug before I nod off and foods fine in morn

In the UK you have mostly 24 v systems so you are far more likely to have it support a cool box for at least 12 hours. In the USA we have 12 v systems, I have this fridge.

fridge.jpg
I leave it plugged in for 10 hours overnight and eve though I thought it would drain the battery it doesn’t, it has a fan which is running constantly but has no such effect. A lot of trucks here have built in fridges which are even bigger and reading the manuals they advise not to switch them off unless the truck is not in use for more than 48 hours.