Cool Box battery drain time

Hello All,

I have just bought a small 8l electric cool box, large enough for me, holds cans and 500ml bottles and gets them pretty cold.

I am wondering if I could leave it plugged in, its rated at 3amp and connected to my 12v hella socket, how quickly do you think this would drain the batteries.

it would take a long time to drain the batteries

i have used larger cool boxes than that and left them plugged in for a few days before with no problems

Great, thanks.

Will probably leave it plugged in then, cold drinks from the off.

I have a Waecco Cool box. I have it running all day long. I keep milk and a weeks worth of food in mine. I switch it off at night. In the morning everything is still cold inside.

think of it this way, in most modern large cabbed trucks is a fitted fridge or fridge freezer, and i’m sure they pull more power than the portable coolbox

i run DAF XF SSC with the fridge, it stays on permenantly.

the only time i turn them off is of the truck is going to be parked up for any length of time

well i have a big cool box i think its about 30l ish and leave it on all the time it been on for 45 hours without starting the engine before now. its frozen my milk a few times to.

Had battery problems with my fridge on an 04 Daf 480.Had to keep adding distiled water,as bats got flat,when turned the fridge off,had no more flat bats.

It all depends on the size, age and condition of your batteries.

shuttlespanker:
think of it this way, in most modern large cabbed trucks is a fitted fridge or fridge freezer, and i’m sure they pull more power than the portable coolbox

i run DAF XF SSC with the fridge, it stays on permenantly.

the only time i turn them off is of the truck is going to be parked up for any length of time

not true i’m afraid!. portable cool boxes draw considerably more current than the standard fitted fridge,
usually a fitted fridge is usually a compressor fridge and the motor only needs to run intermittantly, whereas the portable cool boxes use a different system that draws between 4 and 6 amps continuously .