Cooking on board?

Hi all, just asking a question about what cooker you can have in your truck, I have noticed several drivers using a small camping gas cooker so I have bought myself one but someone told me today that vosa don’t like you having them ? Any help or advice please. I don’t want a microwave cause I don’t like nuked food and am also trying to avoid grease and chips from truck stops lol… thanks for any advice

dobermann1:
Hi all, just asking a question about what cooker you can have in your truck, I have noticed several drivers using a small camping gas cooker but so I have bought myself one but someone told me today that vosa don’t like you having them ? Any help or advice please. I don’t want a microwave cause indent like nuked food and am also trying to avoid grease and chips from truck stops lol

vosa don’t like lots of things,assuming your post is genuine and not a windup,then as far as im aware, your cooker is nothing to do with them…ive had microwaves,and 2 ring gas jobbies ,never an issue,and im no stranger to seeing the back of mr vosas bum leaving me… :open_mouth::smiley:

As long as you aren’t using it while driving then you should be fine.

If you have one then simply don’t have on show so they can’t whine about it. They can’t go searching through your personal stuff, so put it out of sight. You’ll only use it when parked up anyway so don’t give them reason to see it in first place

dcgpx:
If you have one then simply don’t have on show so they can’t whine about it. They can’t go searching through your personal stuff, so put it out of sight. You’ll only use it when parked up anyway so don’t give them reason to see it in first place

This. Keep it in a side locker and they won’t even know it’s there. Can’t see DVSA having much interest in your personal belongings to be honest.

These little camping stoves will save you money in the long run but make sure you know where to get replacement gas cartridges - manufacturers recommend using the same canisters when replacement is needed. I’ve had to phone the manufacturer of my one to find out where I can get them that doesn’t involve an hour journey into Glasgow!

Am not even there yet but am finding this interesting. Discovering a lot by the day! :laughing:

Greeny3:

dcgpx:

This. Keep it in a side locker and they won’t even know it’s there. Can’t see DVSA having much interest in your personal belongings to be honest.

These little camping stoves will save you money in the long run but make sure you know where to get replacement gas cartridges - manufacturers recommend using the same canisters when replacement is needed. I’ve had to phone the manufacturer of my one to find out where I can get them that doesn’t involve an hour journey into Glasgow!

I bought it from argos so the canisters are a easy fix thanks, and its a fare comment on keeping it in your locker… it’s the little easys things I want to get sorted before I start tramping so my mind is on my driving…thanks again

I have a cooking recipe for when you drive an Iveco Eurocargo.

1. Apply generous amounts of flammable liquid to cab area
  2. Throw a match in the tw*t.

Mwanyoko:
Am not even there yet but am finding this interesting. Discovering a lot by the day! :laughing:

I’m asking because I’m new to hgv driving and my first job is pallet track and tramping… been on pallet track so far but have bought as much stuff as I can think of so I have the basics out of the way, this site is a great learning curve… one thing with cooking most if not all your own grub is that your actually benefiting from the tax free money you get for overnights away…otherwise you may as well stay at home in your own ■■■■ sack :laughing:

Like lads have said get cannister type stove under a tenner at b&m home bargains etc 4 gas cannisters usually bout 4 quid at same places . Partner does stews currys chillis home made soup broth mince n onions liver n onions put in decent tupperware tubs then into pan . Bloody smashing on cold winter nights and if you leave windows down a bit cab never gets smelly hope this gives you some help