Convoys Ltd.

Are they still in business and has anyone out there any information etc regarding this company.?

shugg:
Are they still in business and has anyone out there any information etc regarding this company.?

Hello Shugg, As far as I know they still have the depot in Holloway Drive, Wardley Ind Est, Manchester, I was told a while ago that their Deptford Greenland Wharf had closed down as a result of all the newsprint reels from Finland was unloaded at Tilbury, ■■?, Sorry no photos, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

shugg:

Hello Shugg, As far as I know they still have the depot in Holloway Drive, Wardley Ind Est, Manchester, I was told a while ago that their Deptford Greenland Wharf had closed down as a result of all the newsprint reels from Finland was unloaded at Tilbury, ■■?, Sorry no photos, Regards Larry.

Many thanks Larry.

The old Deptford wharf is all yuppie flats now.
Spent many afternoons waiting for back loads in there !

Aye I used to go there quite often, They had a lot of Tent sort of storage in those days, I was told that there was no planning permission involved & no extra rates to pay as they were not classed as a permenant building, They weren’t a bad crowd in there I allways thought that they were very helpful when I was tippin there & re-loading as I did a few times, All long gone now as you say, Happy days Eh, Regards Larry.

gunnerheskey:

Evelyn St. if I remember correctly. Went in there many times in the '70s to load for Norwich or sometimes Manchester.

haddy:

gunnerheskey:

Evelyn St. if I remember correctly. Went in there many times in the '70s to load for Norwich or sometimes Manchester.

Evelyn st, was the main rd, it was just off that, princes rd, I think, was ever so narrow, looked like you was going into a housing estate, then the gates came up in front of you ! Book in then park up on the waste ground inside, happy days !

gunnerheskey:

haddy:

gunnerheskey:

Evelyn st, was the main rd, it was just off that, princes rd, I think, was ever so narrow, looked like you was going into a housing estate, then the gates came up in front of you ! Book in then park up on the waste ground inside, happy days !

yep thats it and when i was at longs of leeds we used to park outside, i remember the canteen there blinding cheese on toast for 50p. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: