Convoy stopped at Dover

If a boat ride in a rubber dinghy or leaking old tub, across the Med, promising future earnings to money grabbing traffickers, seems a good choice, then the answer is . . .?

Franglais:
If a boat ride in a rubber dinghy or leaking old tub, across the Med, promising future earnings to money grabbing traffickers, seems a good choice, then the answer is . . .?

IMO it wouldn’t make any difference if we gave more in aid, I think we give far too much , If they are dumb enough that’s their look out, But if they knew that once they reach their promised land that they would be deported without any recourse, would they still take that risk? plus many aren’t fleeing wars, they just think that the EU and the uk owe them

You may be right Tommy. But seems to me were gonna spend money somewhere, either on expensive policing and security here, or cheaper food & security there. Invest over there, so no-one can fairly claim discrimination or hardship. They get to stay home and advance, we dont need to build ourselves an ugly expensive fortress? That`s my take on it, not any expert opinion, but seems a valid option.

Franglais:
You may be right Tommy. But seems to me were gonna spend money somewhere, either on expensive policing and security here, or cheaper food & security there. Invest over there, so no-one can fairly claim discrimination or hardship. They get to stay home and advance, we dont need to build ourselves an ugly expensive fortress? That`s my take on it, not any expert opinion, but seems a valid option.

Problem is home isn’t one country, it is many, and most aren’t genuine